Thread: Robert Lane Regulator and S400

Robert Lane Regulator and S400

Can someone who has successfully fitted one his regulators to S400/S410 please tell me know what I have to watch out for? I have no problem removing the AT. I have a spare valve block with no AT to the restrictor fitted so that dept is taken care of too. I am more concerned about enlarging the TP all the way down to the barrel. Can the barrel remain in place while doing this or it needs to come off the breech? I will be using a small milling machine for the operation. Any practical advice would be appreciated.

A.G

Ive done a few, Ive never enlarged the port but have thought if I dropped reg pressure it could help.

I lightend the hammers, removed the pot and used the longer stand offs, use the instructions he gives and you wont go far wrong, I explored further trying allsorts of settings and its good fun testing your settings, I found excellent consistancy and more shots

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

I’ve done my S400, including the transfer port. The only thing that is different from the actions and care of servicing the gun is balancing the hammer spring, pot/firing valve and transfer port restrictor.

Lanes regs

I have fitted Lanes regs to both my AA 400 Classics

The one that I left the transfer port standard gives about 90 consistent shots at 11.3 ft lbs

The other one that I opened up the ports on gives another 20 shots/ charge.

Both actions have never leaked and have performed very well. I reduced the hammer spring tension on the second one and used the stronger exhaust valve spring (supplied)

If you do open up the port into the brass o-ring carrier, be careful to clean up the hole in the bore of the fitting so that the pellet is not damaged when the probe pushes it into the rifling.

I have more recently replaced the regs in 2 ftp900’s with the latest Lanes Lancet regs
    Both give very consistent velocity readings.
    John
    hold me back !!

Thank you all for your replies. I am after 100 shots out of my .177 S400 classic @ 11.4 ft.lbs so I guess that I should really consider enlarging the TP. Does he supply instructions for doing so with his full kit please?

A.G

Yes. Very informative YouTube videos. Be sure you see and understand every thing in the videos, it is easy to miss something as there is a lot of content in them.