Thread: prices

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

prices

is it me or are airguns going up to much
    I been looking at several guns to purchase and in 3 months they have gone up at least £60
    even the second hand ones are stupid prices a 20 yr old hw 45 is selling for more second hand than they were new
    I have seen second hand aretemis pistols selling for 200 quid when they are only 190 new if you bother to shop around

Prices are going up everywhere but a gun is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. Shop around for best prices. I have found Melbourne gun in Derbyshire to be quite reasonable compared to other local gun shops around here.
    Bob

No doubt it's due to Brexit

As for second hand. Maybe the older hw45 is worth more than a new one if the newer one is made via a cheaper route. The older one could be more desirable as they say.

Plus the seller's may put the prices higher if they expect haggling on the price.

And it will only sell for what the buyers want to pay.

The same with any item you may wish to sell.

I'd agree that prices do seem to be on the rise.
    The poor exchange rate (whatever the reason for that) does seem to be shoving the prices of imported rifles up, and I think this is having a knock on effect on prices on the second hand market.

Sellers offering secondhand rifles as "kits" with accessories do seem to be asking strong money. When I buy secondhand I usually want the rifle only
    B.A.S.C. member

I too baulk at the prices being asked for some new and particularly some second hand items. However it is best to remember that some items can be worth more than when they were bought new. They may have been made better and are substantially more to buy new, they may be rare, collectable and or desirable. After all you wouldn't expect to buy a Picasso now for what he sold it for when first painted!

These days rather than try to argue about overpriced items or get annoyed by it I just walk away. We are under no obligation to buy
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    These days rather than try to argue about overpriced items or get annoyed by it I just walk away. We are under no obligation to buy
    This is very true
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    The value of money halves about every 20 years. So a gun that cost £150 20 years ago would be £300 in today's money - without considering the points already made above, e.g. potentially higher manufacturing quality, and rarity, than can further increase the costs. Vintage guns are obviously a good example of all of these effects.

The cost of something 20 years ago has little to do with the market price today - I'm pretty sure you wouldn't let me buy your house off you for anything like what it cost 20 years ago
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.