Thread: Shall i degrease it or not.

Shall i degrease it or not.

I have a HW100T which all through the summer,has been running at 11.6.

Now as the weather has got colder,she has dropped to 10.6.
    Which is down to the over greased from new internals.

Should i just take the 1ftlb hit or remove some more grease using the carb cleaner and the hair dryer method.

My main worry is if i do.When summer comes she will shoot up over the limit.

Anyone got any advice as to what they would do?

degrease it and then rebuild it . get your house warmer than a average british summer with the rifle in the same room for a few hours then chrono it . sounds like a crude experiment but it will give a rough idea .

many thanks

It's not all down to grease. I started a thread the other week about pcp, s in cold weather. Every pcp I have ever owned ran/ runs lower in winter than summer.

go ahead and degrease. if power goes to close to the limit, you can turn the regulator up a bit, like quarter turn clockwise to higher pressure output, this way it will reduce the power while in the green section of the gauge. it is like valve locking/overfilling slightly an unregulated gun. not rocket science. the benefit of degreasing is it will minimize the temperature related output swing
    Last edited by krisko; 17-12-2017 at 06:38 PM.

The one ft lb difference only actually equates to around 30 feet per second based on a .177 8.4 grain pellet. It wouldn't worry me too much

Get rid of the sludge!, no need for carb cleaner, take the action out of the stock and remove the end cap that shows the hammer shuttle, take trigger action off and just slosh it out with petrol and a paint brush with the action barrel up so it runs out of the back of the gun.
    Then a quick spray with light oil.

Quote Originally Posted by DESERT FOX View Post
    I have a HW100T which all through the summer,has been running at 11.6.

Now as the weather has got colder,she has dropped to 10.6.
    Which is down to the over greased from new internals.

Should i just take the 1ftlb hit or remove some more grease using the carb cleaner and the hair dryer method.

My main worry is if i do.When summer comes she will shoot up over the limit.

Anyone got any advice as to what they would do?
    Cold air has as much to do with the decrease in power as possible grease viscosity. I would leave it alone unless you wish to remove the AT ( not so easy on HW 100 ) and then readjust in the warmer months.

A.G

Cheers for the advice Guys

Degrease

My hw100t also was running at 11.6 from new after 12 months checked it in summer and it was too high for me. You can take the 1ft lb hit now but you are almost certainly going to have to remove the locktite and make it adjustable next summer. Don't worry its easy and after you have done it it removes all overpower worries.
    mk2 rapid.22

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    The one ft lb difference only actually equates to around 30 feet per second based on a .177 8.4 grain pellet. It wouldn't worry me too much
    Methinks your calculator is on the blink chief
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.