Thread: BSA Mercury Scope Mounts

BSA Mercury Scope Mounts

Hi Guys,

Whilst at work today I tried to order some scope mounts for an old BSA Mercury but could not for the life of me find the correct size to order....they re not 11mm are they? Can anyone solve this for me as I m starting to feel pretty retarded.

A look around the Sportsmatch site did nothing to help.......does anyone produce a set? Are the later Airsporter rifles the same size?

http://www.sportsmatch-uk.com/products

Thanks for any help.

13mm aren’t they?

BS Mercury Scope Mounts

Quote Originally Posted by p.sharp View Post
    13mm aren’t they?
    the sportsmatch reach back mediums fit really well if you want best eye releif.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by p.sharp View Post
    13mm aren’t they?
    No that's the Maxigrip rail size.

They are standard 11mm but they are not very deep, like what's already been said, you can use standard 2 piece reach forward mounts and turn the reach forward mount round and put it facing backwards or you can use the Sportsmatch Airsporter one piece mounts (OP12C model number) which grip the rail very well and give a bit more eye relief but I found that with some scopes the front eyebell stopes the scope coming back a bit more as it hits the front saddle, so the 2 piece mounts work just as good as you can move the front mount up and down to suit.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

So the mounts to order would be OP12C? I would be using a more modern scope with a 30mm body....where do you find the code on the website please?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    So the mounts to order would be OP12C? I would be using a more modern scope with a 30mm body....where do you find the code on the website please?
    The OP12C mounts are for 25mm scopes, not sure if they do a 30mm version, you may have to go down the 2 piece 30mm reach forward mounts and reverse them.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I've found the SM site quite easy to use.

Scroll down towards the bottom of this page: http://www.sportsmatch-uk.com/products and click on the coloured square next to the fitment you're after. : )

Thanks Chaps I am on with it now.

Sorry, but a 30mm tube on a Mercury is just kind of wrong. It needs a 25mm tube 4x32, 6x32 or at most 4x40. Gloss finished.

But I do tend to put together gun/scope/accessory combinations based on nostalgia rather than contemporary practicality.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Sorry, but a 30mm tube on a Mercury is just kind of wrong. It needs a 25mm tube 4x32, 6x32 or at most 4x40. Gloss finished.

But I do tend to put together gun/scope/accessory combinations based on nostalgia rather than contemporary practicality.
    Amen to that! A fat scope would look out of place, and an old Nikko or Tasco 4x32 can be sourced dead cheap.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Haha you are probably right! I may look for one of those "wide angle" scopes...looked like a tv screen....anyone got one of those?