Thread: Crosman 2250b questions

Crosman 2250b questions

Hi Chaps,

Just been looking around for a project to work on and found an old Crosman which does not hold gas-I can hear it escaping the breech when the bolt is open. I would like to improve this little rifle with an alternative stock and a scope.

Can I ask is there an alternative source of parts other than GMAC? I have no problem ordering from them I just want to know whats out there...

Also is there a small scope that is suitable for this gun?

Lastly what size is the allen bolt when you pull the bolt back....? Is it metric?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Hi Chaps,

Just been looking around for a project to work on and found an old Crosman which does not hold gas-I can hear it escaping the breech when the bolt is open. I would like to improve this little rifle with an alternative stock and a scope.

Can I ask is there an alternative source of parts other than GMAC? I have no problem ordering from them I just want to know whats out there...

http://www.sdcustomdesign.com/ steve is a great guy to deal with

Also is there a small scope that is suitable for this gun?

i used a tasco (copy) that was 2-7x32 . JSR(forum sponsor will do ones like it the one i have http://hokiku.com/images/tasco_2-6x32AOE.jpg
    look on e-bay for leapers 2-7x32 and you will see them .JSR(forum sponsor will do ones like it the one i have

you will need these https://www.amazon.co.uk/GunTuff-Int...X5NHQ862WCBCPG theses are from JS ramsbottom .the forum sponsar unless your breech has a steel breech with scope rails on it

Lastly what size is the allen bolt when you pull the bolt back....? Is it metric?

its a .50thou http://www.gmaccustomparts.com/1322B...-thouallen-key

Thanks in advance.

cant help with the leak as i sold my xt2250 AS years ago. as the xt2250 AS used a bottle on the rear of the gun ,i put a spares kit in the 12grm tube . spare seals and the .50 thou allen key .
    Last edited by bighit; 15-12-2017 at 01:27 PM.

If you want a .50 thou allen key, I'll pop one in the post if you supply your address by PM.

Hi Carl,

Great to see you on.

It looks like the chaps have given you excellent information up above.

TR Robb also for spares / custom parts.

I hope you get it sorted swiftly (they're easy to work on) and get hammering those rats again; we don't want any more worrying episodes, do we?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I can't help with your question Carl. I'm just pleased to see you on here alive and well after that ratty epic battle
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Hi Guys! You remember that rat!! Only just getting my nerves back...I will also be buying the multi shot breech so I dont feel like one of Wellingtons men going through the loading process.

Its very generous of you Troubleshooter to offer to post the key but I will buy one on the way to work mate. I have a machine mart close by. I am starting to understand why nothing metric fits!

Thanks again for the warm replies, it is good to be back.

If you don't have any luck at Machine Mart the offer still stands.
    I'm waiting for a multi shot breech for my .177 converted 2250b, but it doesn't look like it will be ready until the new year.
    I did buy one but it proved to be very slightly faulty, so it's being exchanged.

I have never worked on one of these Trouble so I may be picking your brains in the future if thats OK? I was hoping to fit a folding stock or something similar. Maybe a red dot sight and a bipod.

Having looked at all the mods though I am amazed at what some people can do (and spend) on these guns.

Can I ask what will you be using yours for? Is it target or hunting?