Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
Simple, but ingenious, Nick! Have always wanted to pop a red dot on my 600 but always thought it would need machining...never thought of using the rather obvious existing screw locators. Not quite sure how it works with the front fitting-does the nut sit in the existing recess on the top? If you have extras, I'd be very interested.

The rail I got from Amazon is no longer available.
Found the same on that auction site whose name must not be mentioned - search for 142130704489, "Black Standard Weaver Picatinny Laser Flashlight Rail Mount 20mm Adapter 115mm".
These were special as the front and back mounting holes are actually slots so giving loads of wiggle room when fitting.

The grub screw came from modelfixings.co.uk, http://www.modelfixings.co.uk/steel_...tm#UNF%20grubs 10-32 3/4"
The nut they supply is too large to fit the slot in the rail but my local nut'n'bolt shop were able to help.

Failing all that, PM me your postal address and I'll send you one of the spare kits I have.

To fit:
Carefully remove barrel grub screws and refit the new longer one. If the barrel moves you will have to get out the feeler gauges to reposition it correctly,
Remove rear site screw. There is a 1/64" ball bearing in there that provides the ratchet in the rearsight so be careful not to lose it - put it away somewhere safe.
Put the nut into the front groove on the rail and wind it onto the barrel grubscrew. It should start to pinch up just about where you want the rail to be - if not, remove nut, rotate 1/6 turn and try again. DO NOT USE EXCESSIVE FORCE, you could rip the thread out and will need to repair it or throw away the pistol.
The rearsight screw can now be refitted through the rear most slot on the rail.
Done.

I use one of those cheapo holographic sights off Amazon, about 15-20 squid.

Many thanks to Lawrie who gave me the idea of using the barrel grub screw as a rail mount.