Thread: Reloading advise for 58g v-max in 243

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
    In my experience, at 300+ yards the wind is the biggest factor. Gravity is constant, wind is variable.

2" drop difference at 300 yards between 55gr Nosler and 87gr V-Max isn't even worth considering. I'm betting there will be more than 2" difference in wind drift
    I understand where your coming from Elliott, but im on the line of thought's by Temo, and Boydy, fast n flat, i am talking about all these's shots with n/v, don't really want to be trying to work out hold over, if on the odd occasion the fox is around 300 ish yds and i cannot got the range down then it a guess allowance for wind, or if conditions are just too bad the shot will be left ---------its the same line of idea as the 22-250 with 50g bullets ie fast n flat ---------if the idea doesn't work after a good trial period, at least with 243 i have the option to use heavier bullets unlike the 22-250?

Dave (warbucks)
    Theoben Rapid MK1 177
    AA S410 22
    Bushnall Scout Range Finder
    Hawk 3 x 9 x 40 m.a.p scopes
    Deben mini pro lamping system

Quote Originally Posted by warbucks View Post
    I understand where your coming from Elliott, but im on the line of thought's by Temo, and Boydy, fast n flat, i am talking about all these's shots with n/v, don't really want to be trying to work out hold over, if on the odd occasion the fox is around 300 ish yds and i cannot got the range down then it a guess allowance for wind, or if conditions are just too bad the shot will be left ---------its the same line of idea as the 22-250 with 50g bullets ie fast n flat ---------if the idea doesn't work after a good trial period, at least with 243 i have the option to use heavier bullets unlike the 22-250?

Dave (warbucks)
    At least if you have a 'flat' round you only have one variable to think about.....

22-250 will give you the option for heavy bullets if you have a fast twist rifle built, but it won't give you any benefit over a .243 with heavier bullets in a factory rifle.
    Last edited by 223AI; 16-12-2017 at 10:31 PM.
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by warbucks View Post

Dave (warbucks)
    pm rick (nightstalker) as i sure he as loads for 22.250 and possibly .243 as well.
    Knowing rick as i do they will be super accurate and tested 100%.