Quote Originally Posted by warbucks View Post
Hi Lads.
I've put in for 243, see no reason why they won't let me have one so looking ahead to reloading for it.
I want sort of maximum point and shoot range and have seen the factory and home loaded 58g v-max in action, and that's what i want.
It has been suggested to me that i need to use a powder for the above that's going to be readily available or i can run into trouble, seen as Varget and some others are banned, or are going to be, has anyone got advise on what powder to go for.

Watched a Y-tube the other day, guy measure's overall length of a Hornady 58g v-max 243, bulls the bullet, measures the powder 49.8g ? which should be superformance powder, is there any reason WHY this can't be copied like for like, the rifle will be a brand new Tikka T3 lite.

Dave (warbucks)
Alright Dave?

I'm running 58 grain V-max through my .243. After my supply of H414 runs out I will be switching to N140.

With the H414 though, I am achieving around 0.4" at 100 metres. That's using 48.5 grains of powder with the bullet seated 10 thou off the lands. I haven't chrono'd it yet, but I feel that it should be giving just under 3800 fps. In my tests I also found a node at 47.3 grains of H414.

ATB

Tremo