Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New toy? HW100tk laminate vs Wolverine 2 Type C

Interesting, just in the process of applying for fac and if I’m granted I’m looking at an Impact or something with a decent bottle i.e. Daystate.
    Currently using a HW100kt in sub 12 and yes it’s as you expect, lazer accurate and very consistent, I also like the way it shoulders, fits me right.
    I wandered into my local gun shop at the weekend to have another go with the Primos trigger tri pod sticks and after a good play I hung them back up and decided too heavy and too much agro but that’s another story lol.
    I noticed a Daystate Wolverine 2 Hi Lite on display so asked if I could have a look, got to say it felt amazing!
    It looks a beast but it’s so balanced and light, the carbon bottle making a big difference, being a lefty the thumb hole stock was perfect.
    If your thinking about the C version I’d definitely advise you pick up the Hi Lite to try which will give you triple the shot count.
    If I’m granted fac I have a proper dilemma now, Impact or Wolverine!!

Can't comment on the daystate but I have a .177 hw100 and it does exactly as it should. I use this for short/longs range targets and all types of hunting day and night. So quiet and mag system is so easy to use in pitch black. I collect rifles but in reality I only need this one.

Wink

I currently own 2 x hw 100kt in .22 & .177 both dedicated night site rifles, I also own a fac Daystate Wolverine hi Lite, my honest opinion taking everything into account is the HW100 and Wolverine hi Lite are two of the very best rifles available today, and I’ve had a few !!!!
    If I had to choose just one, the wolverine in either fac or sub 12, but i would miss the hw

MY HW 100 accurate to 85 yards ( repeatedly tested )
    Huntsman Regal XL accurate to 85 yards but much larger groups than HW 100
    S400 Classic accurate to about 70 yards.
    BSA R10 MKii accurate to 70 yards.
    The best trigger, HW 100, the worst, BSA R10
    The best handling HW 100 followed by the Huntsman Regal
    The best consistency HW 100.
    Ease of service, they are all more or less the same once you get to know your way around the rilfe.

A.G

rgc_swanseaARC is offline He's not the Stig,,,He's the Stig's Welsh cousin
    Thank you all, lots to think about.
    Think I should handle them both and have a proper look before going plunging
    Theoben TTR1 .177, Steven B Blue/Grey Laminate Stock, Nutshot Mod, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42 Tac IR
    Daystate Pulsar. 177, Donny FL Sumo Mod, Pard NV008LRF