Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AA or JSB

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    They are "probably" all made in the same factory, but each will vary slightly with composition of lead/alloy content, slight differences in weight/head size/pattern etc. which will depend on the Di it is cast from and the makers specification requested. As a Di wears this in turn changes the pellets size/shape etc, so they are all actually in a constant state of flux to a degree.

The only way to really know is to try some and see, but remember the batch number is as important as the Manufacturer and "model" you select, you could find a good tin of AAFD for example and the next tin you buy is not so good as it's from a different batch, so a lot of people try a few tins, select the best, then buy in bulk of that batch number form the base of the tin.

As an example - I've attached a test I done with half a dozen batches of the same pellet - JSB Exacts 4.52, but all of different batch numbers - it's very enlightening to see the difference there is batch to batch - or as people experience - tin to tin?

[IMG][/IMG]

This also explains a lot about manufacturers returning guns under powered, the difference between one batch and the next can be a full FPE, so it depends where in the power curve it's tested and also if they are using an "efficient" batch and you are not - or vice versa?

James
    my wolverine went back as running just over 10 f it came back with a report & test card alleging 11.5ft + a few 8.4 pellets, i tried theses getting just about 11ft. I sold both DS rifles

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Where on earth did you hear that??

I haven't thrown a single JSB away for having a damaged head/skirt in hmmm....8 years or so.
    Tight Git

I've just had a conversation on another thread with regards to AA and JSB and I believe they are the same pellet differently branded. "Rickenbacker" kindly posted this link explaining the batch numbers and sizing etc. https://airgunaccuracy.wordpress.com...ers-explained/ The accuracy difference could merely be down to pellets being cast in a different die as opposed to being AA or JSB

Quote Originally Posted by hmangphilly View Post
    Tight Git
    It's a Yorkshire thing.

And also maybe proof that almost all damage is down to transportation. Mine have been delivered by hand from the JSB factory by the Czech lads/lasses coming over for the HFT worlds.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    AA all the way ....same factory ...same lead batches....same staff...
    but the AA are hand sifted on the instruction of AirArms....so better quality control ...better pellet ...but you pay a bit for you.
    Then they pinch the skirts. Just to show they have been tested. No better than JSB just a badge added

To put a couple more 'brands' into the mix, both FX and Falcon Accuracy Plus are JSB made.
    Just had one gun go 'off' a batch of JSBs, not sure yet if it's the batch or the gun, but had poor results on Sunday using a different gun, with that particular tin of pellets, will be testing later today to check. Bit of a pain really, as it was the first tin from a new sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I've just had a conversation on another thread with regards to AA and JSB and I believe they are the same pellet differently branded. "Rickenbacker" kindly posted this link explaining the batch numbers and sizing etc. https://airgunaccuracy.wordpress.com...ers-explained/ The accuracy difference could merely be down to pellets being cast in a different die as opposed to being AA or JSB
    I have just read that airgun accuracy article. Jesus! I would never have the patience in a million years to lay out hudreds of pellets to form a graph etc.

I am glad I don't shoot FT. I manage the spnners in my garden with pretty much any dienumber I reckon....
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles