Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Spring gun revival (again.....)

Again, some excellent, informative and funny posts there.

And I fully get the Zen thing and getting into the zone. Lovely, lovely feeling.

Not so sure about the "Tone Zone", though!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Nice link Dan.

I'm enjoying reading your posts. I've just read your thread on PA on STB.

... and just read your thread and link on here. Very good.

... and whilst reading it there was a German skater on the tele on the Winter Olympics. Lad had a nightmare. Fell twice.

Commentators stated that he's a very good skater but mentioned what Sports Scientists call ... Arousal Rate. Basically the difference between performing well in practice and then bottling it in competition due to too much adrenaline. Controlling that Arousal Rate is the key to good performance. No wonder my ex wife shot well in comps ... I'm not sure she had one.
    Last edited by bozzer; 09-02-2018 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzer View Post
    Nice link Dan.

I'm enjoying reading your posts. I've just read your thread on PA on STB.

... and just read your thread and link on here. Very good.

... and whilst reading it there was a German skater on the tele on the Winter Olympics. Lad had a nightmare. Fell twice.

Commentators stated that he's a very good skater but mentioned what Sports Scientists call ... Arousal Rate. Basically the difference between performing well in practice and then bottling it in competition due to too much adrenaline. Controlling that Arousal Rate is the key to good performance. No wonder my ex wife shot well in comps ... I'm not sure she had one.

I definitely get this. It starts on the very first peg, heart rate goes through the roof and it doesn't come down again until I knock a target over. Then a feeling of relief, and I can shoot normally again.
    On a good day I'll get a relatively easy first target and get it out of the way. Other days I get a tricky first target and then miss 3 or 4 in a row. Definitely something I need to work on!

I suspect you could mirror this thread on any forum involving vinyl records, film cameras, mechanical watches, steel bicycles, etc, etc. I also suspect quite a few of the springer devotees could be found there. Ain't nostalgia great?

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Might be and probably is,... however it is what it is and those that know and have successfully shot springers over a period of time more or less find the same route to achieve that success.
    Something like, 'don't reinvent the wheel'! Round ones work well.They really do.
    Regarding Vinyl. If you only listened to digital or cd's, do not ' ever' listen to a good analogue front end hifi set up.
    You will be reduced to tears by what you've been missing all those years as cd's top out at 16k while analogue goes on and on.
    A bit like a good springer.Its worth taking the time to find out.If you can handle it.
    HERX77 .
    Last edited by Herx77; 12-02-2018 at 09:46 PM.
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

Quote Originally Posted by Herx77 View Post
    Regarding Vinyl. If you only listened to digital or cd's, do not ' ever' listen to a good analogue front end hifi set up.
    You will be reduced to tears by what you've been missing all those years as cd's top out at 16k while analogue goes on and on.
    A bit like a good springer.Its worth taking the time to find out.If you can handle it.
    HERX77 .
    Hmm, pity that the human ear (of a certain age) can't hear 16KHz!

Owd uns

Well Let me tell you a story, I have one or two air rifles and yes I still love the sport after 50 years. I still try to live in the Enid Blyton days when you could walk in the pub with a couple of Coneys and swap em for a pint.Now the good folk around here know me and me owd mate and know what we gets up to. I was asked by a couple of young uns if I wanted to shoot a few rats with them .... we went and they had the dogs dangley bits a rapid 12 and a bsa ultra . One got 22 the other got 18 I won't say how many but the FWB Sport 124 made e m look daft .. sorry lads them pretty things ain't got no soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Round View Post
    Well Let me tell you a story, I have one or two air rifles and yes I still love the sport after 50 years. I still try to live in the Enid Blyton days when you could walk in the pub with a couple of Coneys and swap em for a pint.Now the good folk around here know me and me owd mate and know what we gets up to. I was asked by a couple of young uns if I wanted to shoot a few rats with them .... we went and they had the dogs dangley bits a rapid 12 and a bsa ultra . One got 22 the other got 18 I won't say how many but the FWB Sport 124 made e m look daft .. sorry lads them pretty things ain't got no soul.
    Excellent...

Quote Originally Posted by Round View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    Excellent...
    Lovely jubbly!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!