Thread: Spring gun revival (again.....)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I can't argue with that Adam.

Maybe one can also add that if someone isn't getting great results with a springer then there may be a little voice in the back of their mind that says " This gun just doesn't feel right ". So if getting it checked out and tuned makes them accept that the rifle is now spot on, so it's up to them to put the work in, then that alone is money well spent.

I fear in a lot of cases though a lot of springer shooters still blame that tune and think that a tune from another tuner, or a different set of internals, will put things right. If tuning does all the things that you mention then it's a worthwhile effort ... but at some point the shooter has to accept that it's hard work and time that tightens those groups up.

Interesting thoughts on tuning in the previous few threads. For a modern springer the one thing that annoys me if I own the rifle is 'boing'. My 77k boinged when new all those years ago so I cleaned it up, added beer can spring sleeve and hey presto, no more boing. Later I added a delrin guide and after that a top hat; both home made. As hinted above, I do not think a 'prefessional tune' would give me a sweeter, more accurate rifle but I accept that many people do not have the aptitude or facilities to work on their rifles other than to add a 'tuning kit'.
    For older rifles, my attitude changes somewhat. For something like an Airsporter or Mercury I will clean it up and maybe add a piston sleeve if it boings but other parts remain as original. For older rifles e.g. early Diana 27, they get a clean but nothing added. For these latter rifles the 'firing experience' is all part of the package.
    Cheers, Phil

Again, some excellent posts and points made on what is turning out to be a most epic and enjoyable thread.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

And (and sorry to take advantage and try to promote a certain "you know what"), many posters on this thread, people who so obviously appreciate this glorious powerplant, are yet to attend a certain little event.

Please, please, I urge you to, one day, come to a Boinger Bash at Quigley Hollow where you'll meet so many nice and like-minded people worshipping the humble Boinger in a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere in a beautiful part of the English countryside.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!