Quote Originally Posted by Herx77 View Post
Interesting regarding the heart rate control needed in the 80's where we found it could be dropped, and speculation was rife whether we stopped it or shot between beats?
Don't know whether todays enlightened do this or feel a need to do so, certainly at Markyate ,Dave Welham, mark Commaccio, myself an Terry Doe did. Pcp's it seems do not need this level of control or molycoddling!
HERX77 .
I wouldn't call my self one of today's enlightened by a long stretch. But I've been putting a lot of work into working with my heart beat and heart rate. I spent months working on my prone hold and technique, and got to a point where now my heart beat is the most noticeable 'wobble'.

Haven't found the best solution for me just yet, but still working on it. My current plan is to up my fitness and lower my resting heart rate. I keep meaning to start a logbook of some kind to track my progress. Weapon of choice is a Concept 2 rowing machine we got off the bay. This is definitely not a quick fix but enjoying it so far.

I would be interested to hear what heart beat methods you springer shooters had back then?