Well done Neil. Problem now is that you will need to dump the new Steyr until you further increase your recoiling score!

I haven't shot a PCP in months now and haven't missed them at all. It was interesting to talk to some novice PCP shots at a recent zeroing session at a local indoor bench rested range.
A couple of shooters had never shot a springer and literally jumped themselves following shot release. They commented that they would rather just use their dead guns to monotone effect and were happy to continue doing that all day. The main thing is I suppose that they were shooting, but learning they were not.

Maybe I expect too much of new shooters who can just pick up a PCP and imagine themselves as champion shots in no time at all? If they are happy to do that and remain shooters why the hell not. I think that I am actually harking back to a time when we all had to possess some actual shooting skills in order to improve. That does not mean we have to subject youngsters and newcomers to learning how to shoot a proper recoiling gun. Yes they would be better shooters if they did learn the skills, but why should and why would they?

The bottom line is that I am now an old dodderer who thinks that everything should be done the way it was when I was young myself. It is a shame that many youngsters will not have the opportunity to wander down on the local beach armed with an air rifle just shooting at cans and washed up rubbish like we did.

Times have changed, maybe I should just come to terms with this and just let the younger shooters do things their own way and shoot guns that dont respond to how they are shot.

Andy