Love the springs on the road-signs Tony!!

Having spent a few hours with my 97 and TX yesterday afternoon at the Leigh 54 yard indoor range, I once again left the venue smiling with the performance of both the tuned 97 and the box standard TX. Incidentally, I noticed a box of JSB "Select" pellets in my range bag that I had forgotten about and tried them in the TX, as the 97 doesn't like JSB. I could not believe the accuracy at all ranges. The TX was good with AAF but simply stunning with the Selects. I have also been using seven power Hawke scopes and am very impressed with these as well. Maybe its an age thing again, but I just feel more comfortable with a smaller, more simple scope these days.

When I think about how much my PCP target rifle and scope cost and compare it to something like a TX or 97 and "basic" scope, I could have bought three full outfits rather than one target rig. Since ditching the PCP I have enjoyed myself so much more when shooting any of my springers. I know we have all heard this before from many shooters, but for me, it really has put one of Tony's "boings" back into my enjoyment of the sport.

I will be putting the TX to work on a Gauntlet north west HFT course tomorrow. I will probably get destroyed. Do you know what though, I really dont give a toss! Just using the TX will allow me to take on what are tricky shots for spring gun aficionados as Bozzer has pointed out on many occasions. I most definitely will not be shooting with son James though as he is just a pain in the arse!

Anyway, happy shooting yourselves folks!

Andy