Not sure about that Col. I still think that there are one or two shooters around who are capable of competing with the top PCP shooters occasionally. I would agree though that it is indeed much more of a challenge even for the best springer shooters to nail many of the tricky targets found on today's national level courses. I intend to try this myself during 2018, only because I have finally realised that the challenge and personal enjoyment of shooting a spring powered gun far outweighs any desire to just get a good score with a PCP.

Many of us have used springers in the field for a long time with similarly good results Clarky. The problem is that with the difficulty associated with competition course were you have to take the shot, that 15mm kill zone with a gusting 15 mph wind take some dropping, particularly with a springer as you will know.

Phil, it is clear that you are experiencing similar physical woes to myself as we amble around a course displaying all sorts of strange body positions! Those youngsters have it all to look forward to.

Have a great and successful new year everybody!

Andy