Thread: Italian stock Mk1 and 2 Airsporters

Italian stock Mk1 and 2 Airsporters

I've read somewhere in the past that BSA sometimes used stocks from Italy for Mk 1 or 2 Airsporters ?....first of all is this true and if so did they look any different in shape to the English ones. I have a one-piece stock that is totally different but when Ive shown pictures of it 2 people seem to think it is home made...but I do not think it is.....M

Smile

hi, ask improved on hear, he knows his bsa`s.. J.S.D.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    BSA did indeed (I believe) outsource stock manufacture to Italian (Sita?) suppliers during a period they had problems sourcing suitable walnut for manufacture themselves. The Italian stocks were indeed 'one piece' as opposed to the three piece stocks they manufacured themselves.
    You will note there is a great variety of Walnuts used in the manufacture of their own stocks, both in quality, grades and colours, indeed some of their stocks featuring different types in the three main elements of the same stock! I have always found this fascinating.

atb

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

The manufacturer was 'Sile'.
    They were still manufacturing a few stocks for Webley in the 90's.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Sorry, yes 'Sile', that was it! (my memory isn't what it wasn't! )

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Inside the stock the name will be stamped, has to be separated from the action to see though.
    The one I have came from Inproved Steve as it happens.
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.