Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Year Springer Ambitions

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Next Year Springer Ambitions

I want to

1. scrape together enough to buy a new Feinwerkbau Sporter, I don't care about the reviews or that it is overpriced.
    2. get all the rifles set up proper
    3. rationalise the collection.

You all?

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    You all?
    Finish my gun room so they can all come out of the attic.
    Master Debater

As I am currently in the middle of one of my ocd periods my wish list is pretty large.
    I thought my last two weeks of manic rifle buying would stem my compulsive buying, but alas it's just made me realise I want others in my nostalgic collection
    So , airsporter s, mercury s, meteor s,
    Webley Vulcan, mk3 fwb sport, possibly a supersport se, superstar.
    And no doubt several others I've not remembered yet. Must go up to the loft and troll through my 80,s agw,s for inspiration.
    No must resist!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    As I am currently in the middle of one of my ocd periods my wish list is pretty large.
    I thought my last two weeks of manic rifle buying would stem my compulsive buying, but alas it's just made me realise I want others in my nostalgic collection
    So , airsporter s, mercury s, meteor s,
    Webley Vulcan, mk3 fwb sport, possibly a supersport se, superstar.
    And no doubt several others I've not remembered yet. Must go up to the loft and troll through my 80,s agw,s for inspiration.
    No must resist!
    Hmm.... from those the SuperStar would be the place to start. Then an old school HW50. And an Anschutz 335, a BSF S70 or B55.... No one seems to be after the Hammerli 401 (or 402, 403 or 420) even though it was much praised by 'Fred Grimwade'. I have one in the back of the cupboard awaiting a refurb.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    When funds allow,

Sort out my new Supersport (I think a reblue is in order) and sort the stock out, the rest of it I have here already (tuning kit and different barrel).

Superstar carbine.

Airsporter RB2 carbine.

May be a Stutzen of some sort.

If the Diana 34sm I found is still around then may get that.

And if the Diana 34 120th anniversary edition should rear it's beautiful head then that will have precedence over all the above.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

My 2018 Springer ambitions
    Buy a 177 Mk1 hw77
    Get a Paul chell re blue
    Send off to Paul Short for a stage 3
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    Send off to Paul Short for a stage 3
    How much is that? and what is it like?

I'm in the middle of doing a small room out with gun rack table and a nice big cupboard for all my pellets and stuff,oh and scopes and filling bottle

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    How much is that? and what is it like?
    Last quote I had from Paul earlier this year was £150, neil180 does a lot of reviews on his you tube channel
    https://youtu.be/TnmvFNQG3zQ
    From what I can make out it's a lazaglide/v glide type set up and feed back from folk is very good
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    Last quote I had from Paul earlier this year was £150, neil180 does a lot of reviews on his you tube channel
    https://youtu.be/TnmvFNQG3zQ
    From what I can make out it's a lazaglide/v glide type set up and feed back from folk is very good
    That is quite sophisticated and also a short-stroke... although its a 26mm. I've got a 25mm Hall through-button piston/compression chamber thing in mine, but I think I could try a different piston seal and spring/spring guide/top hat arrangement... not as sweet as it should be.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I just intended to sort out what I have. A Bushnell 3200 for the TX200 and start thinking about a re-blue for the superstar
    Pete

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I need to finish my HW97UK, thats being reblacked by Paul Chell now, just needs a stock and scope.
    The Fenmans Profile stock is done, but that needs blacking at some point. The RH93 needs de-twanging. I would like a CS800 for the TXHC.
    And although not a springer, my PH Dragon still needs drastic attention.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Build the best 97 out there, ie easiest to cock & least sight picture movement / recoil ,this is for a friend,( i have a few ideas ) once tuned the gun will be re-blacked and dropped into a warren edwards stock.

1. Stop messing with my TX200
    2. Get a 1st place recoiling trophy with said TX
    3. Thin down the collection of BSA cadets and Airsporters
    4. Review as many springers as I can for my blog
    5. Fix my Anshutz 250

Haven't decided what new springer I will treat myself to yet but there will be one once number 3 has been sorted

1. Sort out the Anschutz 335.
    2. Rationalise my scope collection.
    3. Rationalise the gun collection (yeah, right).
    4. Get rid of a lot of no-longer needed accessories, spares, and random bits and bobs.
    5. Early Theoben Sirocco.
    6. BSF S70.
    7. Decide if I really want a collection of 1960s-80s Match pistols that I hardly shoot. If not, thin it out.