Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Year Springer Ambitions

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    A slight downsize of the springer collection.
    I have a few too many.
    “An airgun or two”………

Finish my ambitions for this year, got side tracked by a Spartan I just had to have will try to get a decent stock for the Diana 440 TH the same for the LGU, assemble my Paul Short 97 into my soon to be delivered Gary Cane Maple stock and get to a springer bash.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I want to

1. scrape together enough to buy a new Feinwerkbau Sporter, I don't care about the reviews or that it is overpriced.
    2. get all the rifles set up proper
    3. rationalise the collection.

You all?
    Mmmm....I really don't NEED any more, but I am one of the few that does actually like the new FWB Sport. Yes, it's pricey. Barrel detent and trigger much better than the old Sports. And it feels QUALITY. Doubt it will happen next year for me, though.

What I really need is more time. More time to shoot the ones that I already have. And more tinkering time....I have an early HW50 to de-twang. A '35 that was bought very cheaply from 18 Wheeler that needs smoothing out. The Gamo Vipermax that I had given me earlier this year. I really like this rifle and it just needs a good de-boinging; firing and cocking cycle otherwise nice. And I'm sure that the Supersport which will be coming my way shortly will need attention......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Mmmm....I really don't NEED any more, but I am one of the few that does actually like the new FWB Sport. Yes, it's pricey. Barrel detent and trigger much better than the old Sports. And it feels QUALITY. Doubt it will happen next year for me, though.

What I really need is more time. More time to shoot the ones that I already have. And more tinkering time....I have an early HW50 to de-twang. A '35 that was bought very cheaply from 18 Wheeler that needs smoothing out. The Gamo Vipermax that I had given me earlier this year. I really like this rifle and it just needs a good de-boinging; firing and cocking cycle otherwise nice. And I'm sure that the Supersport which will be coming my way shortly will need attention......
    Are you thinking of going down the same tuning route with your Gamo as my Project 'cock?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

A while back I found our one off 77 made for running target, we called it the Airmasters RTS. Full length 77 with a shrouded barrel taken off a 300s. The stock was derived from our FT stock but with a swan neck configuration rather than a thumbhole. The stock had been painted black but I'm nearly there with this one, just a trigger guard to make and it's done.

Under the old mans' tuition I'm also making a FTS stock for my pro sport.

After many years of searching, finally managed to get a 380RT that needs a lot of TLC. It's in shocking condition, has a very broken stock. Bluing is not to bad, can't decide whether to send it to Paul Chell or not. If the stock works out as well as I hope I'll get it done.

Also need to finish off my sport with the record trigger. Just needs bedding into its new stock and a reblue.

Where to find the time?

For me, the acquisition of a FWB300SU
    B.A.S.C. member

For me next year will hopefully bring into fruition an HW80 .22, HW98 .177 and maybe a couple of older HW's for a bit of a refurb project and fettle. Also going to attempt to make a really nice quality adjustable rifle stand for working on and cleaning them. And finish my storage construction which is already under way.

RustyBuzz. Interested in the Sport trigger conversion. Can you share any details/photos please?

I currently have an old HW 35 .22 Export in bits that I have been putting off for too long. That needs sorting. I also have a hard to resist attraction to buying a new TX to compare against the soon to be returned Paul Short titanium piston modded 97. Actually, comparing the two would not be fair, but I still want a TX!

I also intend to not shoot any PCP rifle at all during the next twelve months at least. Should be interesting in competition!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

HW30s in .177 with the new synthetic stock - thet should keep me amused for another 12 months...

Bought a old hw50 some time ago which I could do with getting it a re-blu and the stock overhauled ,
    Next I have a lovely Tommy which needs some marks taken out of the stock,

Next year I shall mainly be concentrating on hitting what I'm aiming at.