Thread: Help with a duff Umarex Colt 1911 co2 pellet pistol...

Help with a duff Umarex Colt 1911 co2 pellet pistol...

I recently bought the above pistol from a member here and after sticking a fresh co2 capsule in the handle, loading the rotary magazines with flat head pellets I’ve discovered that it is great at shooting bursts of co2 but absolutely useless at shooting pellets. A full co2 capsule later and not one pellet left the barrel.

Does anyone have any suggestions about where to start with the currently useless piece of metal?

return to sender

The sales thread did say it had been sat for years but I do understand your frustrations.

I will pm a gent who serviced mine and pinned the grip. Came back better than new at a reasonable price.

Si
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

Thanks Si. I’ve had a couple of helpful pm’s and have discovered a new forum to get stuck into too.

Check that the magazine is not over rotating. I had this problem and the pellets were not lining up with the barrel, particularly if used in single action mode. The solution was to keep your hand of the grip safety whilst cocking the pistol.

Good luck.
    Bob

I had the same problem with a CP88 that I purchased brand new. The accuracy was not great, 2" spread at 8 yards, but then again I hadn't bought a precision pistol. I bought the ' competition ' barrel for it and things improved slightly but soon after the pistol fell into bits, literally. I wrote a piece in the review section about how badly I thought my example was. The point is that these are not exactly cheap pistols retailing just under £240.00 with all bells and whistles. I have put it down to bad experience.

A.G

After my 1911 was serviced I was pleasantly surprised. Able to hit a 6 inch IPAS square at 17 yards with the whole mag. I admit they are not super accurate but good for some iron plates.
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

May sound like im teaching my grandmother to suck eggs here but did you try different pellets? These co2 pistols are low power (1.5 -3 ft/lbs) and generally need 4.51 or smaller to work properly so dont use bisley practice! Also avoid pointed pellets as these tend to cause mag rotation issues