Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fac airgun then quit?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    [/COLOR]
    The .22 LR as we know even at its lowly 100 ft.lbs remains lethal to 500 yards ( 37 ft.lbs of Energy ) and can travel more than a mile before it can be considered ' safe '.

A.G
    They ricochet something terrible as well so I have heard, greasy little ballots.

I use my fac air an airranger.22@37fpe where my .22lr is not the tool to use ,
    for ambushing bunnies I use my cricket bullpup.22@27 fpe and just for fun I have .303 wolverine @100 fpe
    which is devastating on prey. I still use sub 12fpe in smaller shoots also shotguns /rimfires where needed.
    atb brian

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    They ricochet something terrible as well so I have heard, greasy little ballots.
    Yes they do and those who take shooting .22 LR responsibly always make sure that they have a reasonably steep angle into the target just incase of a pass through ricochet. Shooting a .22 LR at a glancing angle is a No No.
    A pellet out of an FAC air gun could still ricochet but it will loose much of its energy doing so and in comparison is reasoably safe.

A.G

Let's face it its horses for courses and not i got more or my gun's bigger than yours so makes me more tougherer
    It's interesting reading threads like this one
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

I cut my teeth and learned the sport with a 12ftlb airgun. Then I found that it was left wanting in some capacities, so went FAC with my mk1 rapid and had it Ben Taylored (therein lies more difficulties with that man).

I almost never use my FAC rapid; only at 1 shoot where .22lr and HMR is too much.

Most of my shooting is now with centrefire, rimfire and shotgun. I have not owned a sub 12ftlb airgun for several years.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Comparing any air rifle against a Winchester 52
    Is a bit unfair.They were made and sold below cost
    To further Winchester s reputation for winning target trophy's.
    Mine shot 1 hole groups at 100 yards let alone 50.
    I've also had FAC air ,PCP and spring.
    The best tool absolutely depends on the limits of the location.

Be it 12ft/lbs, or FAC Air they have their place, as do .22LR and .17HMR.

I personally do 12ft/lbs and then powder burners.

Lets be straight about it all: the more power does more damage at the other end. They all require ballistic compensation to lob them on target. Each can be made incredibly accurate within their limitations. Any type or style of rifle can be made for any of the systems. What price goes for every pocket too.
    The rest is what space you have and how quiet you want to be.
    The wrong tool for the job then is not much use is it?

Really is personal choice and how that fits into your requirements. There are fantastic rifles in every category, and the same can be said of duff ones.