Thread: The dreaded cocking cocking slot on springers, any ideas

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

The dreaded cocking cocking slot on springers, any ideas

I thought that the airsporter would have made the cocking a thing of the past but only the PS copied it, I wonder why?

Here is the TX and a Diana Does anyone care about the exposed cocking slot?

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I thought that the airsporter would have made the cocking a thing of the past but only the PS copied it, I wonder why?

Here is the TX and a Diana Does anyone care about the exposed cocking slot?

Its not particularly the cocking slot that bothers me with underlevers, its the additional length of steel hanging under the barrel that puts me off. I find the added foward weight does nothing for my shooting.

I've never actually seen a pro sport in the flesh, but considered one many times as I feel it would really suit me balance wise. The price and odd mumblings about the uncomfortable cocking lever put me off making an impulse purchase on one.
    But, I do think if I happened to handle one by chance, I'd have to have one.

Not owned an airsporter since 1982. Once I found german springers, there was no going back for me.

It has to be function over form for me. But maybe the pro sport has both. If I ever get hold of one I'll let you know.

Living a good hour and a half's drive from any major RFD has both advantages and disadvantages.
    B.A.S.C. member

I've just googled the specs on the pro sport.

2lbs of weight on top of the weight of my current springer, is certainly no plus point for me. The prosport may have to remain out of my ownership.
    B.A.S.C. member

RE

A bit wight up front can help on some springers reducing muzzle flip,I've had a pro sport,lovely looking rifle perfect ballence, cocking was awfull said it b4 and al say it again,the cocking leaver looked like Ted malt had knocked it up from some old 70s everest window frames,plus my txhc knocked spots off it.

Ted Moult now theres a blast from the past. Didnt he stand in front of the window, with a wrecking ball behind it? Wouldnt do that now with health and safety gone mad.

Quote Originally Posted by hotversion View Post
    A bit wight up front can help on some springers reducing muzzle flip,I've had a pro sport,lovely looking rifle perfect ballence, cocking was awfull said it b4 and al say it again,the cocking leaver looked like Ted malt had knocked it up from some old 70s everest window frames,plus my txhc knocked spots off it.

Have you considered that the issue might be the shooter and not the gun? If a gun doesn't suit you then by all means pass it on but to make a design sound faulty becuase one doesn't get on with it is not correct. I have no axe to grind as I own both TX and PS . Two very different guns with different cocking mechanisms but the PS cocking is slightly less efficient because people did want a gun that had a lump of metal hanging under its barrel, a gun that didn't look so obviously an air rifle. The price was the slightly less efficient and some say quirky cocking mechanism. This ethos is reflected all through the PS design with its low comb and slightly old fashioned sporty stock ( more like the classic CFs ) .

A.G