Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
I think that if a grand plus springer were to go on sale from the likes of Air Arms it would sell. Lets face it, the standard of guns they put out for a lot less than that sell very well, and I am sure that should a "deluxe" custom tuned springer became available they would have plenty of takers, a gun much like the special that was auctioned off for charity by them a few years ago. I understand the economy of scale, but using their current product line and spending a bit more on a full blown custom stock and some upgraded internals would not involve re-tooling and much additional expense.

Andy
Let's do the economics.

I'm AA. I take on a new full time staffer to run my custom programme. £20-25k.

My custom programme involves some light disruption to the regular production line. That costs.

I get my customs blued by Paul Chell or Colin M. And tuned by one of the half-dozen well-known tuners. Say those costs come to £200 all in.

Add in a very special CS type stock at £250.

I am now looking at selling them for £5-600 (allowing some profit) more than the stock items. Whereas enthusiasts can do the tuning work themselves, or spread the costs of refinishing, tuning, and fancy stock as and when, or just buy a used Venom/Airmasters rifle for the same or a bit less.

And I still have to pay my new staff member.