Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much would you pay for a top end off the shelf springer?

After reading this thread I looked up the price of a new walnut pro sport on Blackpool Air rifles web site, they are now £585, pretty close to the £600 target price mentioned above.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Reading through the above there is a huge difference in what people seem to be classing as "top end" and the opinions of value match those different classifications.
    Obviously the difference in price & sales potential between say a nice AA factory special, a Weihrauch that's gone to a respected tuner to be fettled, or the airgun equivalent of a custom hand built Purdy shotgun is going to be worlds apart.

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    There is a desire for high end rifles but in terms of commercial success it is quite a difficult market, look at impact airguns they tried but unfortunately it wasn't to be.
    Off the shelf I think are/were fairly priced depending on where you buy from and £600 is what id be prepared to pay for a top end standard gun, If your talking venom type standard off the shelf i.e. nice stock/finish high spec tuning etc.. then £600-900 because as we know high end rifles from the likes of Venom, airmasters maintain and often gain in value so your not going to loose out of pocket and built to last.
    The more desirable collectables I.e TX200SR, ProTarget and Theobens only attract higher prices now because they are no longer produced and bearing in mind getting parts etc is getting more difficult. I personally would only pay up to £350 now for a theoben because of maintaining and servicing issues. What I would say is that for Airarms not to continue making the SR, Pro Target etc if they were so popular doesn't make good business sense.
    You tried cocking an tx200sr? Its a bugger to cock, But you do master it. My tx200sr action is in a b&m bullpup stock. Same length barrel and inderlever as normal set up. But is a swine to cock compared to my prosport which is silky smooth.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    You tried cocking an tx200sr? Its a bugger to cock, But you do master it. My tx200sr action is in a b&m bullpup stock. Same length barrel and inderlever as normal set up. But is a swine to cock compared to my prosport which is silky smooth.
    I had both. Off a bench I could put 25 shots inside a circle slightly smaller than a modern 10 pence piece at 50 yards in still air with either of them, a better shot could improve on that. The ProSport was lighter and less complicated. I wish I had kept it! The SR was long but had better blueing. A good ProSport is excellent, the compression chamber is buttoned so it is a bit smoother than the TX series, and if you fumble the loading the pellet drops through the rifle and you don't have to arse around fishing it out of the loading port.

Anyone got a spare £2K for this bad boy?

https://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy-sel...w#.WjlUUN9l_IU

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherham Owl View Post
    Anyone got a spare £2K for this bad boy?

https://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy-sel...w#.WjlUUN9l_IU
    I guess the owner does not really want to part with it at that sort of money!

Phew that does appear a bit rich.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Gumtree prices are peculiar and often OTT, lots of HW35s on there are priced more than a new one.

The fellow trying to sell his Venom is one of those people who think that they will get back the investment they have made with their aftermarket work, but people just don't pay much more for it. £2K for a Venom 80 is ludicrous anyway.

Don't you just love the use of foreign words to create an impression?
    Same as how shops with foreign names always sell superior products ......
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by prosport.177 View Post
    I guess the owner does not really want to part with it at that sort of money!
    Considering the seller only wanted £1000 3 days ago I've heard of inflation but that's steep
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22