Thread: Air Ranger or Wolverine B

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Air Ranger or Wolverine B

Am considering a bottle fed Daystate and was wondering which would be a better buy between an Air Ranger and a Wolverine.

Any comments or advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    One Hit Wonder

I can't comment on the Ranger but my Daughter has a Wolverine b (mk1) with a 500cc bottle and is really happy with it. It groups as well as my Air Wolf and also feels lighter.
    You could try the DOC for more detailed advice.

Got a ranger used a wolverine they shoot like the same gun to me

I have a ranger and love the gun, I would pick it over the others only on the basis of being able to adjust the power very easy if needed. I have been picking up some bits to make mine power adjustable,

I've also had the air wolf and i do like the triggers on the electric Daystates,

Had a regulated Ranger and sold it to get the Wolverine B. I really wish I'd kept the ranger.
    Regards, Kevin -

Cornwall Airgunners Club.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by cornish kev View Post
    Had a regulated Ranger and sold it to get the Wolverine B. I really wish I'd kept the ranger.
    Those early regulated Rangers were great, cannot understand why Daystate stopped fitting that excellent reg and went over to the Harper valve, well I can it was cost.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by jps norton View Post
    Am considering a bottle fed Daystate and was wondering which would be a better buy between an Air Ranger and a Wolverine.

Any comments or advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Personally, having only briefly owned a Wolverine B type I think they are probably both quality built accurate rifles. The two things that I didn't care for which are common to both are the low comb height and being quite bulky though not heavy. My wolverine had a hugget belita on the end which made it feel massively long so I sacrificed a bit of suppression and relied on the shroud which was fine for me. If neither of the above is an issue for you then the Ranger is probably the better buy as I assume it would be cheaper for a similar looking and performing gun.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer