Thread: Smooth bore western barrels

Smooth bore western barrels

What do you reckon are the chances of the Remington and Schofield revolvers eventually being produced with rifled barrels?

Since they are made in the usual place for Crosman/Benjamin and ASG, they could like other Chinese guns, appear in time under different brand names, like Umarex or GSG.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    What do you reckon are the chances of the Remington and Schofield revolvers eventually being produced with rifled barrels?

Since they are made in the usual place for Crosman/Benjamin and ASG, they could like other Chinese guns, appear in time under different brand names, like Umarex or GSG.
    Chances are quite high.

The form seems to be that they come out in BB form first. If they sell OK, they then come out in pellet form. And they ring the changes on special editions, different finishes, different barrel lengths, etc.

I'd quite like a 5.5" barrelled S&W Russian version, with the silly little spur on the trigger guard.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    ASG have certainly done it. They make the Dan Wesson 715 in pellet, 4.5mm BB & 6mm BB. I own one of the pellet versions & can tell you the rifling is only on the first 2" of the barrel, bizarre but true. What I don't understand is the price difference between the pellet & 6mm versions. They are £180 & £110 respectively! If they do release a rifled barrelled version be prepared to pay heavily for it.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    ASG have certainly done it. They make the Dan Wesson 715 in pellet, 4.5mm BB & 6mm BB. I own one of the pellet versions & can tell you the rifling is only on the first 2" of the barrel, bizarre but true.
    That's wierd, mine is rifled all the way to the muzzle, which model is that ? Mines a 6 inch.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    That's wierd, mine is rifled all the way to the muzzle, which model is that ? Mines a 6 inch.
    Mine's a 6" too. The barrel is in two pieces, a short rifled section & a longer plain section.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Yes, a pellet version, but it appears to be a smooth bore gun, just like it's BB counterpart.

See other threads.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    Mine's a 6" too. The barrel is in two pieces, a short rifled section & a longer plain section.
    Wow, that's weird, I had to check mine again and it's rifled all the way down. Is the rifled section at the muzzle or the forcing cone end ??

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    Wow, that's weird, I had to check mine again and it's rifled all the way down. Is the rifled section at the muzzle or the forcing cone end ??
    It's at the forcing cone end.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

That's even weirder, you could perhaps understand it at the bore end where it might makes some difference but rifled then smooth would seem like friction would stop the pellets spin before it left the barrel.

Yeah I know, it makes no sense to me either. Doesn't seem to affect the accuracy though.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55