Thread: New year more shooting

New year more shooting

Well 2018 is nearly up on us and I'm determined to actually get out to my local club more often and I hope to get back into some competition shooting again probably HFT which a few years ago I would attend regularly.
    I've got a small collection of guns not seeing much fresh air at the moment and with so many clubs on my door step I don't have any excuses.
    Anyone else hoping to get out as part of a New years resolution I'm hoping to put in at least 2-3 Sunday's a month at the club.
    PS if anyone else from West Midlands also wants to get out a bit more let me know it's always good to go along with other like minded people.
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Trying to get more shooting time in has been a perpetual battle for me for years, now. Busy work and hectic home life.

The highlights of my shooting calendar are the Boinger Bash events.

I have no clubs within easy travelling distance, so most of my shooting is done at home.

There is a great HFT club at Lincoln. It's about a 60 miles round trip. They do Sundays and Wednesday evenings. Those evenings are only practically do-able for me at the very height of Summer and I work alternate Sundays, leading to extra pressure from 'er indoors saying I should spend more time with the family. Plus, on the occasions when I have attended it costs me a fortune as I normally drop the family off in Lincoln where they go and look round the shops or visit the cinema. So, what might have been a £12 visit for fuel and entrance ends up costing maybe five times that amount!

Wish I had a more local club. The only way I can see that happening is by trying to start one myself, but with weekend work and the limited time / family pressures, I think that's a no-go.

But, yes, I certainly plan and hope for more boingering action next year.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!