Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: BASC and the airgun consultation

Sent my response in and got this:

Responses to the review of air weapons regulation will be taken into account as part of the review. However, due to the volume of responses, we will not be acknowledging each response individually.
    Now if that means they have had 25,000 BASC members responding, great.

But if as I suspect they have had 25,000 RSPCA members responding, there is trouble ahead.

So another bump in case anyone was meaning to respond and hasn't yet.

I've sent mine too.

Is it worth doing a poll to see what sort of numbers have replied from here? Even if the majority of BBS members sent off a reply, then that would be a substantial number of responses for the Home Office.
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post

But if as I suspect they have had 25,000 RSPCA members responding, there is trouble ahead.

Or it just means they have got one junior admin assistant working on this and don't have the resources to respond to everyone.

I'm just worried that people won't bother because they either think we're destined for further regulations no matter what or that it will all be fine. We need to hit them with numbers and reasoned arguments so they start thinking about the number of voters they will be pissing off if they bring in any unnecessary restrictions!
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

Quote Originally Posted by severnsider View Post
    I did e-mail the Home Office last week and asked for a copy of the consultation paper but have had no response at all. I suspect that there is NO paper, but instead the consultation will be limited to consideration of issues (whether or not rational, valid or honest) raised by "affected families", the so-called and largely-anonymous "Gun Control Network" and the "Cats Protection" crowd.

I am at a loss to understand why the Home Office have not responded to my perfectly polite e-mailed request; perhaps David (BASC) or Terry D may be better informed as to whether a consultation document exists or not?
    Those 6 deranged individuals The Gun Control Network received public money for publicity, lobbying MPs and any other expenses incurred! It would be interesting to know if their accounts were audited.
    I thought that in a democratic country the majority ruled not in this case though, I think that this is either sour grapes for the overseas investment scams of the rich and famous, maybe even BREXIT
    Perhaps all the shooting associations should get together and sort out a protest to bring London to a stand still; lets stand up and be heard!!!!!!

Response to my email to the countryside alliance

Here's the email the countryside alliance just sent me. Noted their response is currently in draft format! I've replied asking when they plan on sending the finalised version to the Home Office!

Morning Danny,

The CA response to the Home Office air weapons review is currently in draft format. We see the main target of this review is the potential move towards the licensing of air weapons, as has been completed in Scotland.

You may be interested in seeing our response to their question on licensing:

The UK has amongst the toughest gun laws in the world and the resulting low level of gun crime and gun-related accidents is no coincidence. It is right that when tragedies do occur, our gun laws are revisited to ensure they are fit for purpose. The Countryside Alliance supports legislation that protects public safety without disproportionately disadvantaging the legal shooting community, which has consistently shown itself to be law-abiding and safe.

The Countryside Alliance is vehemently against the introduction of a licensing regime for air weapons in England and Wales. There is no evidence that the introduction of licensing will have any effect on those that wish to use air weapons illegally. Licensing will add bureaucracy, through countless hours of work, for the already overburdened English and Welsh Police Forces, whilst efforts to catch the real criminals are neglected. Licensing could also introduce unintended consequences including a collapse in sales and trade of air weapons, and a loss of opportunity for young people to learn marksmanship and proper firearms safety.

Airguns are widely used for target shooting and pest control, and at this time we do not see a need for additional legislation restricting their sale or use. The Countryside Alliance will not support any change in legislation without evidence that it will improve public safety.

We have made our members aware of the review, and for all that have asked, like yourself, we have recommended submitting your own response.
    Danny

Quick response from CA re when they will submit their response

Won’t be until Monday, I am currently waiting on a response from our shooting consultant, Graham Downing, on a few of the more technical questions surrounding manufacturing standards.

Day before the close date!
    Danny

Quote Originally Posted by danco1987 View Post
    Here's the email the countryside alliance just sent me. Noted their response is currently in draft format! I've replied asking when they plan on sending the finalised version to the Home Office!

Morning Danny,

The CA response to the Home Office air weapons review is currently in draft format. We see the main target of this review is the potential move towards the licensing of air weapons, As has been completed in Scotland.

You may be interested in seeing our response to their question on licensing:

The UK has amongst the toughest gun laws in the world and the resulting low level of gun crime and gun-related accidents is no coincidence. It is right that when tragedies do occur, our gun laws are revisited to ensure they are fit for purpose. The Countryside Alliance supports legislation that protects public safety without disproportionately disadvantaging the legal shooting community, which has consistently shown itself to be law-abiding and safe.

The Countryside Alliance is vehemently against the introduction of a licensing regime for air weapons in England and Wales. There is no evidence that the introduction of licensing will have any effect on those that wish to use air weapons illegally. Licensing will add bureaucracy, through countless hours of work, for the already overburdened English and Welsh Police Forces, whilst efforts to catch the real criminals are neglected. Licensing could also introduce unintended consequences including a collapse in sales and trade of air weapons, and a loss of opportunity for young people to learn marksmanship and proper firearms safety.

Airguns are widely used for target shooting and pest control, and at this time we do not see a need for additional legislation restricting their sale or use. The Countryside Alliance will not support any change in legislation without evidence that it will improve public safety.

We have made our members aware of the review, and for all that have asked, like yourself, we have recommended submitting your own response.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/...apons-in-home/
    Last edited by bighit; 01-02-2018 at 02:51 PM.

nothing to worry about the,.slap on the wrist

I've contacted my local shop too. Hopefully plenty of businesses can have their say and provide evidence of how damaging it would be for business. Completely unnecessary against a backdrop of falling airgun related offences.
    Danny

I've contacted my local shop too. Hopefully plenty of businesses can have their say and provide evidence of how damaging it would be for business. Completely unnecessary against a backdrop of falling airgun related offences.
    Blackpool airguns spoke out about the scottish license scheme so i would think they would be behind a campaign too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post

BASC boasts 150,00 members, lets hope all members respond

Quote Originally Posted by 12/200 View Post
    BASC boasts 150,00 members, lets hope all members respond
    I would hope so but i can't see it when there is a divide between airgun shooter and other shooters . Not all shooting people support each others views .

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I would hope so but i can't see it when there is a divide between airgun shooter and other shooters . Not all shooting people support each others views .
    2% of that, plus police, trade and organisations responses would be enough to have an impact. The poll on here hasn't even surpassed 100 so I'm not hopeful for those sorts of figures
    Danny

2% of that, plus police, trade and organisations responses would be enough to have an impact. The poll on here hasn't even surpassed 100 so I'm not hopeful for those sorts of figures
    How many active members here

All !

I have done mine and let's hope everyone on the forum has too....