Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
Welcome, Jake! It's great to have a younger member on here for a change. Good for your grandad getting you into vintage airguns. You'll probably still be a collector yourself in 60 years, if it's still possible then!

Your choices of future collectables are sound - the Lincoln 'H' is not so rare that you'll find it out of reach, I hope. Be patient and a good one will turn up eventually. I think collectors in a hurry have changed the market a bit, by making high prices possible for the right guns and making everyone else dissatisfied with asking 'ordinary' prices. So hold your nerve and don't be tempted to buy the first one that comes along!

As for dream collectables, I'm in the market for a Westley Richards 'Highest Possible' (again). I used to own one when I was about your age but had to sell it to raise money. 30 odd years on, I'm hoping to recapture a bit of my youth!

Thanks for the reply!

I actually saw a couple of Highest possible's sell at auction the other month (Both in good condition and even both were in the original box/case (at least I think they were original))

Cant remember the Auction house but I saw them on the Salesroom website. Nice pistols, I seem to recall they sold for about £400-£500.

Jake