Thread: 1925 Hoffman Arms Company Webley Pistol Magazine Ad

1925 Hoffman Arms Company Webley Pistol Magazine Ad

What are the odds of finding an ad for your pistol by the importer circa 1925, one week after you buy the gun? Thanks to John for connecting the dots from my pistol to the Hoffman Arms Co. Awesome part of being part of the forum. The ad was in a 1925 Magazine “Hunting and Fishing”. Actually an ad for what looks like the Mark 1 as opposed to my Target Model. Life is never perfect. Lol. You could send $15 directly or go to your “dealer”. Wish I could still send in for the Booklet!, that would be a find.

https://i.imgur.com/Jfp7bUU.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    What are the odds of finding an ad for your pistol by the importer circa 1925, one week after you buy the gun? Thanks to John for connecting the dots from my pistol to the Hoffman Arms Co. Awesome part of being part of the forum. The ad was in a 1925 Magazine “Hunting and Fishing”. Actually an ad for what looks like the Mark 1 as opposed to my Target Model. Life is never perfect. Lol. You could send $15 directly or go to your “dealer”. Wish I could still send in for the Booklet!, that would be a find.

https://i.imgur.com/Jfp7bUU.jpg
    What a lovely little find. Is the advert dated - i.e. do you know the date of the issue it appeared in?

I have one of the illustrated booklets, which is Hoffman stamped and a nice related item but well done with finding the advert!

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    What a lovely little find. Is the advert dated - i.e. do you know the date of the issue it appeared in?

I have one of the illustrated booklets, which is Hoffman stamped and a nice related item but well done with finding the advert!

Kind regards,

John
    I can ask and see if the seller knows, his ad just said 1925 but I think the Magazine was monthly.

I can ask and see if the seller knows, his ad just said 1925 but I think the Magazine was monthly.
    Very common now these guys will buy old mags and sell off pages on the bay that contain something they think will be of interest to the collector. I paid $5 and I dont have to go looking.

Very common now these guys will buy old mags and sell off pages on the bay that contain something they think will be of interest to the collector. I paid $5 and I dont have to go looking.
    Yes I have bought ads in the same way myself. Sometimes the seller knows the date and I always make a point of asking as otherwise the date can be lost forever.

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Yes I have bought ads in the same way myself. Sometimes the seller knows the date and I always make a point of asking as otherwise the date can be lost forever.

Kind regards,

John
    My seller did come back with Hunting & Fishing Oct 1925. Does leave the question if there was ever a Hoffman Ad including a Mark 2 Target?