Thread: Gat pellets

Gat pellets

I've just acquired an old Gat gun and all the pellets I've tried fall through the barrel. Now I know I'm not going to achieve match grade accuracy but it's a fun little pistol and I'd like to at least give it a chance of a 3 inch group at 6yds!
    I was thinking Gamo lead balls might work well as they can sometimes be a tight fit in a "normal" barrel?
    Any other pellets worth trying?

stagmanv835 is offline i tend to drink while on the bbs
    I find most fit well in mine although when I facy a play with it I think i have a tin of old milbo pelets stored with it
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi Ade. Try steel BB shot, too, or darts (much more fun with a Gat, anyway), as housing low-grade smooth bore barrels as they do, pellets are erring towards the pointless with these pistols, anyway, especially as it sounds like an array of foreign bodies may have been fired through your example in the past, which may similarly have distorted the barrel liner (as a boy, we used to use scrunched up bits of tin foil as ammo, which once wedged in by the screw-in loading pin, would often jam and have to be reverse pushed out with one of my Gran's old No.8 knitting needles, lol )?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Darts are great and the main reason I got it really.
    Steel bb's are even smaller than pellets so they literally rattle down the barrel.
    Good point about the wear/distortion. I dread to think what may have been fired through it in the past but then again I suppose that's part of the point of these isn't it?

I used Marksman in mine. Came in cute red box.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

>Gat

we always used cat slugs in the gat pop out guns.

Gat ammo

I've got a few Gat type pistols, the one pellet that I find that works consistently and gives the best accuracy (if you can call it that) is Marksman. Quite nostalgic dipping into the little red box too, like when you were a kid.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

Quote Originally Posted by Joncaddy View Post
    I've got a few Gat type pistols, the one pellet that I find that works consistently and gives the best accuracy (if you can call it that) is Marksman. Quite nostalgic dipping into the little red box too, like when you were a kid.
    Yes, it was a bit like a lucky dip wasn't it? You never quite knew what kind of odd shaped lump of lead you'd fish out next.
    The beauty of the gat is as long as it fits in the breech you can shoot it!

I used to put everything down mine as a kid once you run out of pellets. Balls of plasticine, wheat and even dried Guinea pig poo. They used to sting when you got hit by them lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid7Nick View Post
    I used to put everything down mine as a kid once you run out of pellets. Balls of plasticine, wheat and even dried Guinea pig poo. They used to sting when you got hit by them lol.
    What did you use instead of .22 pellets... Rabbit poo?