Thread: 10m Target Rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

10m Target Rifle

Hi

I am looking for a 10m Target rifle for my son who is 12 years old I would prefer a PCP. I have shot but 30 years ago and know little about target shooting now I would would welcome any advice.

Cheers Ian

Air Arms MPR is used in target sprint.
    BSA has Scorpion Cadet.

Both nice intro rifles. You could look for a used S200 and put open sights on it (or a T200 if you can find one).

I assume you aren't after a 2K high end model?

Good used PCP match rifles seldom come up for sale - but they may be a little too big and heavy for a 12 year old in any case?

The alternatives mentioned in the last post are a good option to start with and used examples are also more likely to be found - and at a more affordable price too!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    If you can find a Gunpower edge it'll fit the bill for size and weight.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Might be hard to find and not PCP, but there are two recoilless junior guns I would go for. FWB300 Junior, or Original 72. Both designed for juniors and recoilless so easy to shoot

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    Might be hard to find and not PCP, but there are two recoilless junior guns I would go for. FWB300 Junior, or Original 72. Both designed for juniors and recoilless so easy to shoot
    I have a really nice FWB 300 Junior and agree that it is a lovely gun to shoot that works well for the younger person - as well as those of us that are getting on a bit and appreciate a lighter weight rifle to heft about!

My restored Junior is about to return to its previous owner but I admit that I will miss it as it is a lovely target rifle to shoot and own - but finding a good example at a reasonable price will not be so easy - they never were very many of them made and they have now become quite collectable too!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.