Thread: PCP servicing South East?

PCP servicing South East?

Dave Brayford at Staffordshire Custom Rifles is my preferred air rifle servicing guy. However, I'm driving a lot less that I used to and won't be up his way in the foreseeable future. Posting my rifles is not an option for me....

Any recommendations for someone to service my Huntsman Mk11 which was down on power last time I used it? It's had very little use in the last 10 years and when I bought it from Bonnie and Clyde, he told me it was one of Tim Finlay's old rifles - Venom stocked, and it is worth my while getting it seen to.

Thanks in advance.

Any suggestions please?

Servicing

I would take it to Richard Pope personally, but then he is still a ways up from you so it probably doesn't help much!

I am up with him every couple of weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Spray1Mark View Post
    I would take it to Richard Pope personally, but then he is still a ways up from you so it probably doesn't help much!

I am up with him every couple of weeks!
    Thanks. He's Bromsgrove (isn't he?) so do-able....

Not sure if he's still doing it or not but allegedly we have a great gunsmith called Dave Welham not too far away. I haven't dealt with him personally but someone told me he's one of the most respected PCP gunsmiths in the UK.

I may be able to help, pm sent
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post
    Not sure if he's still doing it or not but allegedly we have a great gunsmith called Dave Welham not too far away. I haven't dealt with him personally but someone told me he's one of the most respected PCP gunsmiths in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by airwolf1 View Post
    I may be able to help, pm sent
    Thanks gents. I know and like Dave but had actually forgotten about that possibility as it's been over 20 years since I had work done by him. Sadly, a google search on his name shows there have been 'issues' a few years ago - illness possibly. Hope he's OK as he's a competent and decent bloke.

Thanks airwolf1, replied to you.

I think Airmasters88 is still active (Dave W) - I hope so anyway!
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

He did have an injury last time I saw him (a couple of years a go at least), but was due for an op. He still managed to fix my pcp. Plus he had another chap working with him. He also was working out of a garage (at home) in Tring IIRC. Maybe TerryD will know?
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    Dave Brayford at Staffordshire Custom Rifles is my preferred air rifle servicing guy. However, I'm driving a lot less that I used to and won't be up his way in the foreseeable future. Posting my rifles is not an option for me....

Any recommendations for someone to service my Huntsman Mk11 which was down on power last time I used it? It's had very little use in the last 10 years and when I bought it from Bonnie and Clyde, he told me it was one of Tim Finlay's old rifles - Venom stocked, and it is worth my while getting it seen to.

Thanks in advance.
    What about Airfective? Not really SE but perhaps your general area?