Thread: Custom Crosman 2240

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    The steel breech has arrived supernfast from JS Ramsbottom (as usual). Heres a pic.

Now I need a rear sight to fit the crosswise dovetail, can anyone point me to one available in the Uk?
    That's cute, Mr Bum.

Are you loving it?

The last time I looked, I seem to remember that SD Custom Designs were possibly cheaper for the MiM rear sight.

Or, maybe, if you have one knocking about, have you considered using a HW77 one?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    That's cute, Mr Bum.

Are you loving it?

The last time I looked, I seem to remember that SD Custom Designs were possibly cheaper for the MiM rear sight.

Or, maybe, if you have one knocking about, have you considered using a HW77 one?
    I contacted SD designs last week as I couldn't buy one on the website, there's been no reply so I gave up and ordered one from the states. The 77 one is too high, but I did put a pistol scope on to test accuracy. Cutting the barrel at the breech end paid dividends as its still doing small geoups at 10m, but the scope looks daft!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

worth looking at the Williams wrgs 54 sight you need to swap the peep for a notched element though

I've done a bit of research on the Stubbies, I'm hoping to do one that takes the 8g co2 cylinders.
    As for the sights a few I've seen from over in the states that have Benjamin discovery sights with fibre optic that look nice.

my stainless stumpy tube is 35mm shorter than a std 2240 tube has a full length stainless hexagonal breech

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    8g caps will be the next goal. I just don't know whether to continue shortening this one or starting anew
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    8g caps will be the next goal. I just don't know whether to continue shortening this one or starting anew
    Looking at my 2250 I should be able to shorten the cylinder by almost 50 mm when using the 8 grm capsule, and shortening the probe on the end cap slightly. Just waiting for the thread tap to arrive.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD