Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Crosman 2240

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Custom Crosman 2240

I know this is a foolish thought that will lead to money dissapearing faster than in a Polish Lap-Dancing bar, but I want to make a custom pistol and I think the Crosman 2240 is a good base to start from.
    My objective is to make a full power pistol in as small a package as possible. I have done this with TAC, rim-fire and black powder in France, but now want one here where both the "fun" options are out.

My thought process so far is to shorten the barrel, which I've done before, but also the tube to use 8g co2 caps rather than the usual 12g. After that I would like to reduce the frame in the grip area to reduce height (so I expect custom grips will be needed) and fit a metal breech. I don't want to fit optics, rather make/fit low-profile, fixed open sights.
    I want small and 5 ft/lb, I don't really care about shot count.

So, I expect there are many who have done this, pics, pointers and tips appreciated.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Have a google for Crosman 2240 stubby, there are some great looking custom jobs out there

E.g. http://www.alchemyairwerks.com/store...rtridges_.html

Thanks, I've seen a couple I like, I need to get me some parts and a donor gun. One option would be keep the tube the same, but shorten, shroud and moderate the barrel to finish flush. That would be interesting. I saw a "stubby" in lh guise on network 54, that was shiny! I have some free time over the next couple of weeks. Off to the gun shop!

Pistol ordered, should be here in the new year. Now, which steel breech should I go for? I can see the Crosman own one, Gmac and Alliance Hobby from the States. Any reason to buy one over the others? I would like to free float the barrel so I'm geussing longer would be better?

I'll watch this project with interest!

Crooked Barn do a nice steel breech. I had one on my long-gone 2240 custom.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Pistol ordered, should be here in the new year. Now, which steel breech should I go for? I can see the Crosman own one, Gmac and Alliance Hobby from the States. Any reason to buy one over the others? I would like to free float the barrel so I'm geussing longer would be better?
    I'm guessing that there's little to split the Crosman and G-Mac ones, Nick. I have a Crosman one on a 1377 and the G-Mac on my 2240 mini-carbines.

Not sure if the Crosman one is the only one that takes the MiM rear sight? Looks very nice does that.

Be sure to check out the SD Custom Designs site and the Airgun Artisans one, too. (As per the Bash thread). I seem to remember that some items are cheaper at SD?

Terry Robb does some of his own custom parts, too.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I'm guessing that there's little to split the Crosman and G-Mac ones, Nick. I have a Crosman one on a 1377 and the G-Mac on my 2240 mini-carbines.

Not sure if the Crosman one is the only one that takes the MiM rear sight? Looks very nice does that.

Be sure to check out the SD Custom Designs site and the Airgun Artisans one, too. (As per the Bash thread). I seem to remember that some items are cheaper at SD?

Terry Robb does some of his own custom parts, too.
    I've checked those, thanks Tony. I'm going to contact Alliance as they do a steel breech/MiM sight combo for a good price as well as a three screw breech. I see an oppurtunity! As for length, time will tell, I may start with a 12g and then shorten down from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazmati2020 View Post
    Have a google for Crosman 2240 stubby, there are some great looking custom jobs out there

E.g. http://www.alchemyairwerks.com/store...rtridges_.html
    Does anyone happen to know if it would be possible to import such a thing into the UK from the US? I seem to recall there are people who do that and supply all the relevant paperwork etc. but how does it all work?

Oooh that's nice

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by oling View Post
    Does anyone happen to know if it would be possible to import such a thing into the UK from the US? I seem to recall there are people who do that and supply all the relevant paperwork etc. but how does it all work?
    You can import them as long as they conform to UK limits. The downside is the extra costs you'll incur, Import Duty, VAT & a charge from Parcel Force for delivering it to you.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    I've used the TR Robb trigger in a few of my Crosman builds & highly recommend them. The difference is amazing, it transforms the shooting experience
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    You can import them as long as they conform to UK limits. The downside is the extra costs you'll incur, Import Duty, VAT & a charge from Parcel Force for delivering it to you.
    So would it work as it does within the Eurozone (provided all paperwork is there)? As in, they deliver right to your door?

You could do all that stuff.

Or you could just track down a Benjamin 252.

Great choice for a base gun, powerful, simple, accurate and LOADS of after market parts.
    Ive got a GMAC SHORT s/b on mine, great choice, looks in balance, the breech is only as long as the frame
    I've also got a Crosman Benjamin with the "hidden screw" (Google it !) which prevents the pellet "nosediving into the breech screw hole (less of an issue in .22)

Agree 100% on the TRR Robb trigger, had to do some work with it but it's perfect. I also have the GMAC MkIIA trigger setup, good but twice the price of the TRR Robb one. IMO the trigger is the BIGGEST area for improvement.

No issues getting bits from the US, check out ; Alchemy Air, Alliance, Mellon air (has great stubbly barrels)

Enjoy (dont spend too much !

Just going back to breeches I have the Crosman steel breech on mine and free float the barrel. There is also a chap who will mill off the rear portion of dovetail on the steel breech so the original rear sight will fit if you want to keep an original look. Have also seen on with this done and the steel breech shortened to look like a stock 2240, if that floats anyone's boat.