Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom Crosman 2240

You could do all that stuff.

Or you could just track down a Benjamin 252.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Picked up the Crosman this afternoon. Over the chrono it was showing a very consistant 4.8 ft/lb. I have opened the Tp from 2.7mm to 3.2mm, taken 56mm from the barrel (breech end) and 10mm from the main body tube with alterations as necessary to the screw in plug. This is now as short as it can get with a 12g capsule. I am waiting for a steel breech before rebuild and testing, but should have pics and results on Monday. I'm also looking at the grip and wondering where I can find a bandsaw to take an inch out of that? I'm thinking cut and shut of both the frame and grips using cunning and epoxy glues.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

The steel breech has arrived supernfast from JS Ramsbottom (as usual). Heres a pic.

Now I need a rear sight to fit the crosswise dovetail, can anyone point me to one available in the Uk?

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    The steel breech has arrived supernfast from JS Ramsbottom (as usual). Heres a pic.

Now I need a rear sight to fit the crosswise dovetail, can anyone point me to one available in the Uk?
    That's cute, Mr Bum.

Are you loving it?

The last time I looked, I seem to remember that SD Custom Designs were possibly cheaper for the MiM rear sight.

Or, maybe, if you have one knocking about, have you considered using a HW77 one?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    That's cute, Mr Bum.

Are you loving it?

The last time I looked, I seem to remember that SD Custom Designs were possibly cheaper for the MiM rear sight.

Or, maybe, if you have one knocking about, have you considered using a HW77 one?
    I contacted SD designs last week as I couldn't buy one on the website, there's been no reply so I gave up and ordered one from the states. The 77 one is too high, but I did put a pistol scope on to test accuracy. Cutting the barrel at the breech end paid dividends as its still doing small geoups at 10m, but the scope looks daft!

worth looking at the Williams wrgs 54 sight you need to swap the peep for a notched element though

I've done a bit of research on the Stubbies, I'm hoping to do one that takes the 8g co2 cylinders.
    As for the sights a few I've seen from over in the states that have Benjamin discovery sights with fibre optic that look nice.

my stainless stumpy tube is 35mm shorter than a std 2240 tube has a full length stainless hexagonal breech

8g caps will be the next goal. I just don't know whether to continue shortening this one or starting anew

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    8g caps will be the next goal. I just don't know whether to continue shortening this one or starting anew
    Looking at my 2250 I should be able to shorten the cylinder by almost 50 mm when using the 8 grm capsule, and shortening the probe on the end cap slightly. Just waiting for the thread tap to arrive.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Great choice for a base gun, powerful, simple, accurate and LOADS of after market parts.
    Ive got a GMAC SHORT s/b on mine, great choice, looks in balance, the breech is only as long as the frame
    I've also got a Crosman Benjamin with the "hidden screw" (Google it !) which prevents the pellet "nosediving into the breech screw hole (less of an issue in .22)

Agree 100% on the TRR Robb trigger, had to do some work with it but it's perfect. I also have the GMAC MkIIA trigger setup, good but twice the price of the TRR Robb one. IMO the trigger is the BIGGEST area for improvement.

No issues getting bits from the US, check out ; Alchemy Air, Alliance, Mellon air (has great stubbly barrels)

Enjoy (dont spend too much !

Quote Originally Posted by David22 View Post
    Great choice for a base gun, powerful, simple, accurate and LOADS of after market parts.
    Ive got a GMAC SHORT s/b on mine, great choice, looks in balance, the breech is only as long as the frame
    I've also got a Crosman Benjamin with the "hidden screw" (Google it !) which prevents the pellet "nosediving into the breech screw hole (less of an issue in .22)

Agree 100% on the TRR Robb trigger, had to do some work with it but it's perfect. I also have the GMAC MkIIA trigger setup, good but twice the price of the TRR Robb one. IMO the trigger is the BIGGEST area for improvement.

No issues getting bits from the US, check out ; Alchemy Air, Alliance, Mellon air (has great stubbly barrels)

Enjoy (dont spend too much !
    I found the rare earth opposing magnet triggers work very smoothly..

https://i.imgur.com/8PknKSM.jpg
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I chap has emailed a couple of pics of his custom stubby 2240's (he's done more than one) and he shortened the valve and reemed out the co2 end cap to get them even shorter!

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I found the rare earth opposing magnet triggers work very smoothly..

https://i.imgur.com/8PknKSM.jpg
    Like the sound of those Baz