Not having the money

Depends on how desperate I am to have it in my collection, if it's a not so hard to get rifle and way over what I think is the current market value and it needs work (reblue etc) then I won't consider it, I've just bought an old BSA Supersport custom which was cheap enough to consider as a project collector, it had speckled rust spots on it, which luckily have come off but have left a couple of marks but I'm not worried if I have to pay out for a reblue at a later date but for now it's fine, I saw another rifle on here a few weeks ago and although it was a rifle I want in my collection it was over priced in my eyes and needed a reblue as the bluing was bad, that would have taken the rifle near the £250 mark (after the work had been done) which I would expect a mint boxed example for that particular model, in fact a pristine example sold shortly before for less money and even had it's open sights, I think the guy thought just because it had a certain makers spring in it, it was worth a lot more.

Pete