Thread: What puts you off buying a gun

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So you wouldn't buy my rapid then pictured laying in the snow with a few rabbits around it ?

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Put off

No i wouldnt buy your Rapid laying in the snow as i already have 2 and i have shot thousands of pigeons Rabbits Rats squirrels and other vermon

I totally agree, seeing a gun for sale pictured sat directly on a wall or patio etc really puts my off.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Not having the money

Depends on how desperate I am to have it in my collection, if it's a not so hard to get rifle and way over what I think is the current market value and it needs work (reblue etc) then I won't consider it, I've just bought an old BSA Supersport custom which was cheap enough to consider as a project collector, it had speckled rust spots on it, which luckily have come off but have left a couple of marks but I'm not worried if I have to pay out for a reblue at a later date but for now it's fine, I saw another rifle on here a few weeks ago and although it was a rifle I want in my collection it was over priced in my eyes and needed a reblue as the bluing was bad, that would have taken the rifle near the £250 mark (after the work had been done) which I would expect a mint boxed example for that particular model, in fact a pristine example sold shortly before for less money and even had it's open sights, I think the guy thought just because it had a certain makers spring in it, it was worth a lot more.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    New prices
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

For used - pictures, description, and the ability to try it are a must.

For new - the prospect of getting a turd. Have had more than my fair share thanks to BSA and Hull Cnutridges

Quote Originally Posted by 10/10 View Post
    No i wouldnt buy your Rapid laying in the snow as i already have 2 and i have shot thousands of pigeons Rabbits Rats squirrels and other vermon
    Vermon ?Are they mormon rabbits from Utah ?

Was about to buy a new 77 a few yeas ago when I saw a picture in a magazine of a spring that looked like it had been cropped with bolt cutters so brought an LGV comp ultra instead.

Quote Originally Posted by 10/10 View Post

I couldn’t buy a gun that’s killed vermon...

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    So you wouldn't buy my rapid then pictured laying in the snow with a few rabbits around it ?

Chris
    How much are the rabbits ?
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    How much are the rabbits ?
    £1 each "in the fur" collected

Quote Originally Posted by 12/200 View Post
    £1 each "in the fur" collected
    £2.50 each down here
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars