Thread: Hand pump ok for pcp pistol cylinder?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Webley tri-pump I have sucks air in through one side of the tee-bar handle via a sintered metal filter and a pack of silica gel. Standing the pump in a bag would not be detrimental to the pump or pistol, but I can't see it making any difference...
    As for the pump, I bought it for £50 from a mate as it had stopped working, I fixed it by replacing the tiny, tiny 'O' ring at the very centre of the pump. That has lasted two years, so I have stripped it down again, new seal with some cleaning and lubing, and hope it will be good for another good stretch.

Tanks are scary...
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    You don't use much air in a pistol - so a pump is fine.

But.......unless it's only for very occasional use, a bottle will be a whole lot easier and quicker and not too much more expensive second hand than a pump? It will also do a huge number of fills for a pistol.

Why make things hard for yourself, the difference in cost over the years is pennies, but the pumping is arduous, and spoils your aim for the next 20mins also.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Wow thanks for all the advice it really does amaze me how people take some of their time out to share information.
    Thank you all and have a great new year!!!

BigEars Guest
    You should definitely think about recovery time after the effort of filling.