Thread: Dr Guy's Elixir - fer curin ails I warn thee!

Dr Guy's Elixir - fer curin ails I warn thee!

Just a quick heads up and an apology in advance...Guy has sent me some more of his alchemy experiments disguised as wine...I suspect he has some kind of MK Ultra mind control type plan in play...meh, should be fun!
    blah blah

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    "Kingsman" style
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by DCL_dave View Post
    Just a quick heads up and an apology in advance...Guy has sent me some more of his alchemy experiments disguised as wine...I suspect he has some kind of MK Ultra mind control type plan in play...meh, should be fun!
    Has it arrived already? I only posted it in Wednesday. It is a fresh batch, so it it does not have the subtlety and complex depth of flavours of the Vintage stuff I sent last time Think of it more as an apple beaujolais nouveau
    Have you seen the prices this place charges? http://www.snowdonhoneyfarmandwinery...IED-WINES.html £8.95 for a 20cl bottle and £14.95 for a 50cl bottle.
    You got bargain with the stuff I sent you Dave.
    Take it easy with it.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Wine

IED wines? As in improvised explosive device?
    "If it'aint broke, take it apart"

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Has it arrived already? I only posted it in Wednesday. It is a fresh batch, so it it does not have the subtlety and complex depth of flavours of the Vintage stuff I sent last time Think of it more as an apple beaujolais nouveau
    Have you seen the prices this place charges? http://www.snowdonhoneyfarmandwinery...IED-WINES.html £8.95 for a 20cl bottle and £14.95 for a 50cl bottle.
    You got bargain with the stuff I sent you Dave.
    Take it easy with it.

This seems to imply that the only maturing the wine gets is that time spent in transit. So that posted on a Friday is twice as good because it spends the entire weekend '.

All good stuff, no doubt.

ATB, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post
    This seems to imply that the only maturing the wine gets is that time spent in transit. So that posted on a Friday is twice as good because it spends the entire weekend '.

All good stuff, no doubt.

ATB, Mick
    I think the stuff I sent Dave this time was made late August or early September. The house is pretty cold so it usually takes a while to fully ferment (I dont put anything in to stop fementation). If left long enough, some of it goes really dry and to about 14.7 --14.9%. Some of the stuff I take off earlier is around 12.5% and slightly sweet and bloody lovely
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

I can confirm that Guy's apple wine (August vintage, a good month) was indeed a very tasty drop if you consumed it sensibly and ignored the fact in came in an old Toilet-Duck bottle. It does have to be consumed in a sensible manner and the warning on the label states - "Drink sensibly to maintain your spiritual poise and elan...failure to do so will almost certainly release your inner arsehole..." cynically, this label was printed upsidedown and only visible when flat on your back with one eye shut to focus...the bottle still worked faultlessly though!

Only kidding mate, it was a very nice drop, thank you.
    Last edited by DCL_dave; 09-01-2018 at 03:53 AM.
    blah blah

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Sounds like a cross between Withnail and I and The Ipcress File
    Good deals with these members

Another Victim (wine connoiseur) has requested a sample of this fine sipping fruit based drink . Apparently it landed yesterday and the victim (whoops, person concerned), apparently managed to stop after 1 X 500ml placky bottle of the stuff, despite it's addictive qualities.
    This was the "apple pop" 12% and 12.4% stuff and not the 14.4% "Export" that some have sampled or the "park bench alky" 21% that a certain well know airgunny bloke requested as a "Thank you" for sending me dead Relum pistols
    It can't be that bad

This wine is delicious..... and intoxicating! Tastes more like pop....that makes you wobble.