Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IF you could have a fun plinking session with a FAC springer what would it be?

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

IF you could have a fun plinking session with a FAC springer what would it be?

I know we can't but if we were in the USA and was given the choice is there one you would like to try?

There is a few that look quite exciting

I know that it is a custom job but it would be fun to have a plink with a Patriot Mongoose.

And for a fixed barrel this would be a start
    http://raneair.webs.com/apps/videos/...-22-dian-470th

You need a flashplayer to view

I expect you have a favorite, what is it ?

Just a fun thread

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Having legally owned an F.A.C. Webley Patriot .25, an F.A.C. HW80K .22, and an F.A.C. Theoben Eliminator .20, if I was to have another 'just for fun' plinking session with a recoiling F.A.C. rifle, I think I'd like to try an Air Arms Pro Elite .22 set around the 24ft.lb mark, as that is the one which I always wanted, but never actually got around to owning (yet ) ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

a hw80

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Oh surprise surprise yours is Diana based

I think I'd have to agree with Gareth and go down the Pro Elite route, although something in .25 would be nice as well.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Oh surprise surprise yours is Diana based

Pete
    I did say a Patriot Mongoose for a break barrel and how many FAC fixed barrel Springer's are there to choose from over 20ft/lb.

An Venom tuned Mk1 80 in .177, shooting just below the speed of sound. Just to see how flat it would shoot out to 50/60m.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I did say a Patriot Mongoose for a break barrel and how many FAC fixed barrel Springer's are there to choose from over 20ft/lb.
    Very true

Is there a certain point though were a rimmy is better?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I would also like a play with a Pro/elite set up at Fac power,as it was designed for.
    I have two P/E at the uk limit and would like to compare my guns to the full power model.my guns have been glided.
    A maglazer tuned 80 by v-Mach would be high on my list as well.
    Atb
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    An Venom tuned Mk1 80 in .177, shooting just below the speed of sound. Just to see how flat it would shoot out to 50/60m.
    Agreed, or a Pro Elite set up same way. Should it double or be a hunting gun first and foremost I'd like it set up.just under sound barrier with a heavy pellet in .177 so that you.will still have a reasonably flat trajectory but with some added knock down power.
    Dave

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    My Pro Elite runs around 22, and it's very nice at that level, but my plinking sessions with it are generally limited to around 40 -50 shots, as it's a heavy gun to shoot freehand. Eli was much the same. For a longer sessions, HW80 all day long.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    My Pro Elite runs around 22, and it's very nice at that level, but my plinking sessions with it are generally limited to around 40 -50 shots, as it's a heavy gun to shoot freehand. Eli was much the same. For a longer sessions, HW80 all day long.
    If weight is a concern what about a 8.1lb Diana 460 running around 28 ft /lb

https://youtu.be/O2Ygxcq9mtA

And fixed barrel accuracy

It would have to be an Eliminator in .22 cal. with a Whitetail 3.5-10x on top.

It would be a tiring but enjoyable sesh.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Webley FAC Tomahawk, to find out whether it shoots like a rifle design influenced by Venom, or like a Webley Patriot.

Theoben Crusader has always intrigued me, too.

Why couldn't you plink with your FAC air?

I'd go with an eliminator, probably in .22, but only so the pellets are less fiddly and i could roll over bunnies with it a little better. The added bonus is that all the cocking will balance out the strength of my arms!

Quote Originally Posted by oneseven View Post
    Why couldn't you plink with your FAC air?

I'd go with an eliminator, probably in .22, but only so the pellets are less fiddly and i could roll over bunnies with it a little better. The added bonus is that all the cocking will balance out the strength of my arms!
    The only thing is that the eliminator is not a springer but if you fancied a plink with a light weight magnum rammer have a look at this review.

https://youtu.be/UooLd_TmiyE