Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IF you could have a fun plinking session with a FAC springer what would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    The only thing is that the eliminator is not a springer but if you fancied a plink with a light weight magnum rammer have a look at this review.

https://youtu.be/UooLd_TmiyE
    Fair enough! It's an 80 for me then.

I'd like to set up my 80 with a high power spring to see how she shoots.

Whilst not strictly a springer, as others have mentioned, I always wanted a go with a .25 eliminator. I've been told the 80 performs better at 20 plus ft/lbs than it does at 12. Would be nice to find out, my tuned sub 12 .177 is lively to say the least lol.

I found one of the American utubers video of him using a Hatsan break barrel in .30" with open sights to take out feral pigeons/doves. It looked a bit of a sod to cock but I bet it would be fun to shoot tin cans etc with
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Just googled it and it is a gas piston rifle so doesn't count, rats. I suppose the ram could be replaced with a spring!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post

I think I'd have to agree with Gareth and go down the Pro Elite route, although something in .25 would be nice as well.

Pete
    Hi Pete, now you mention .25 cal, and Pro Elite in the same cyber sentence, yep, I'd like very much to have a plink with one of them as well. Know you if such an animal exists?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hi Pete, now you mention .25 cal, and Pro Elite in the same cyber sentence, yep, I'd like very much to have a plink with one of them as well. Know you if such an animal exists?
    It would be very easy to make a .25 Pro Elite since the barrel is removable. Used to have FAC .177 and .22 PE's as well as FAC .177 HW80. Accuracy and power were much better in the .177 PE, in my case. The .177 made 1050 fps with 8.44 Exacts, it's favorite pellet, and the .22 made 830 fps with 14.3 Crosman Premiers. The .22 PE was just as accurate as the .177, but both were a bit of a beast in factory trim. I never had them tuned and now wish I had at least fitted a snug guide to the .22. It was very good, meaning accurate, even with the jump and the twang.

Quote Originally Posted by FPoole View Post

It would be very easy to make a .25 Pro Elite since the barrel is removable. Used to have FAC .177 and .22 PE's as well as FAC .177 HW80. Accuracy and power were much better in the .177 PE, in my case. The .177 made 1050 fps with 8.44 Exacts, it's favorite pellet, and the .22 made 830 fps with 14.3 Crosman Premiers. The .22 PE was just as accurate as the .177, but both were a bit of a beast in factory trim. I never had them tuned and now wish I had at least fitted a snug guide to the .22. It was very good, meaning accurate, even with the jump and the twang.
    Now all as above is extremely interesting. Thanks for all the info. Also, thank you for the thought provoker -- an F.A.C. Pro Elite in .177 ??? Now that is a tool which I would be most interested to try. Many thanks.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Here you go, it's been there for ages. .22 unfortunately.

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/air-ri...70309141601010

Theoben Crusader?
    Did anybody have one of these?
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by charub View Post

Here you go, it's been there for ages. .22 unfortunately.

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/air-ri...70309141601010
    Cheers. known of the .22 and .177 F.A.C. variants for a while, and that one would make a great base for an RFD to build a .25 version around. Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post

Theoben Crusader?
    Did anybody have one of these?
    Ah-ha, the predecessor of the Eliminator (of which I had a .20 example back in the day). Thinking about it, other than in the magazines, don't think I've even ever seen a Crusader in the flesh (well, wood and metal lol), so I will ad one of those to my ever-growing 'want to play with one of them one day' air gun list, too.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    The only thing is that the eliminator is not a springer but if you fancied a plink with a light weight magnum rammer have a look at this review.

https://youtu.be/UooLd_TmiyE
    It is a springer, it stores energy via compression of a self contained unit, just it is a gas spring rather than a metal spring.

PCP relies on release of stored gas, a gas spring used stored energy to move a piston, like a metal spring does.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Hard choice but an FAC Whiscombe would put wide smile on my face !
    After that a Webley Patriot .25.
    I seem to constantly "hover" over a decision to add an FAC air rifle to my ticket but never get around to it !
    “An airgun or two”………

I have shot the Eliminator in .20 and it just wasn't fun. I would say that some would have great trouble cocking one in FAC and the shot cycle was very "different" and not in a good way. The trigger was actually very good on the one I tried.