Thread: BSA Superstar, is it underrated or not?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have a mk2 carbine which shoots beautifully. I find my 3 goldstars just as good as the superstar though if i am honest.

Ive got a Superstar Magnum. A mark 2 in .177 which I think was designated for the US market but missed the boat.

Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Ive got a Superstar Magnum. A mark 2 in .177 which I think was designated for the US market but missed the boat.
    Its interesting how slapping on the magnum-word makes a gun more suitable for the American market.
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Its interesting how slapping on the magnum-word makes a gun more suitable for the American market.
    Stand to be corrected, but I think we can blame Bob Beeman for inventing the marketing idea that any air rifle he sold making more than 10 ft-lbs was a “magnum”.

Helped sell a bunch of guns, though. The pithier American equivalent of our 1980s “maximum hunting power, right up to the legal limit”.

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Im surprised how any writing on a gun can be a marketing ploy for the American market. I thought pictures would have been more suitable.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I picked up a cheap one some years ago, Same time as I bought my fx verminator, The bsa cost me £40 from a chap in Swansea, With the difference in price of the two guns it's was a little gutting to find it was grouping better than the fx, Out of all the guns I've had over the years the I would say the ones that have been noticeably better was the daystate mk3, Hw77 and the bsa superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    I picked up a cheap one some years ago, Same time as I bought my fx verminator, The bsa cost me £40 from a chap in Swansea, With the difference in price of the two guns it's was a little gutting to find it was grouping better than the fx.
    Love it.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

I have a .22 Superstar, it was the first gun I bought at the start of lockdown, it is a bit scruffy and I am having trouble getting it to shoot consistently! I would like to get it properly sorted, is there anyone on the forum that likes to work on them?
    Cheers