Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: BSA Superstar, is it underrated or not?

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Bought a 177 super star from the Streatham Armoury back in the day brand new. Great rifle that started my ongoing love affair with air guns. I sold it after a couple of years to buy a mk1 TX200. Which I sold of course...

I've learnt now- buy but never sell -
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    Bought a 177 super star from the Streatham Armoury back in the day brand new. Great rifle that started my ongoing love affair with air guns. I sold it after a couple of years to buy a mk1 TX200. Which I sold of course...

I've learnt now- buy but never sell -
    We've all done it and wish we never had.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Thanks for the advice. As i said its low on power, but apart from a mark on the stock its in great condition, he's going to keep it

The bsa superstar is the best rifle they have ever made, and in my experience it's consistency and accuracy are up their with the HW77 and TX200, I own 3 a Mk1 .22 a MK11 .177 and a MK11 carbine in .25 all are good especially in .22, the .177 ive never really got on with they just don't seem as nice to shoot in the smaller cal and the big .25 shoots fantastic thats if you can get the pellet in the breech but overall superstars are great guns and I wouldnt part with any of mine Inc the .177

Dave.
    Last edited by DM80; 09-05-2021 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    The bsa superstar is the best rifle they have ever made, and in my experience it's consistency and accuracy are up their with HW77 and TX200, I own 3 a Mk1 .22 a MK11 .177 and a MK11 carbine in .25 all are good especially in .22, the .177 ive never really got on with they just don't seen as nice to shoot in the smaller cal and the big .25 shoots fantastic thats if you can get the pellet in the breech😂😂

Dave.

SNAP. I have exactly the same trio and can echo your views. When I bought the .25 , I was given a full stack and a few odd tins of the Green tin Rhinos. These are excellent and fit far better than most pellets, accurate and consistant as well, Working my way very slowly down the stack and will have to start pellet testing before I finish them.

I have added 2 more Superstars to my collection,since the start of this thread.
    A lovely mk1 in .177 and a mk2 carbine in .25, both from Top chaps off this forum :cool.
    The Superstar is my favourite and the best springer that Bsa have made in recent times IMO.
    Atb
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    SNAP. I have exactly the same trio and can echo your views. When I bought the .25 , I was given a full stack and a few odd tins of the Green tin Rhinos. These are excellent and fit far better than most pellets, accurate and consistant as well, Working my way very slowly down the stack and will have to start pellet testing before I finish them.
    I got some RWS Hollowpoint in .25 from the bbs sponsor at a good price,they are a easy fit in my .25 SS.
    might be worth a go ?.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I have added 2 more Superstars to my collection,since the start of this thread.
    A lovely mk1 in .177 and a mk2 carbine in .25, both from Top chaps off this forum :cool.
    The Superstar is my favourite and the best springer that Bsa have made in recent times IMO.
    Atb
    Les..
    Are there any more available in .177? Or did you corner the market?
    Just asking like ....

Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Are there any more available in .177? Or did you corner the market?
    Just asking like ....

Cheers, Phil
    Hi Phil
    I had regretted selling my mk1 Superstar many years ago,and was very fortunate in getting a lovely clean example from WILBA on this BBS.
    Good luck with your search .
    They are well worth having in any collection.
    Atb
    Les..

I got some RWS Hollowpoint in .25 from the bbs sponsor at a good price,they are a easy fit in my .25 SS.
    might be worth a go ?.
    Les..
    I use these in my HW80 and they are really good. Even with the energy drop from using a 25 grain pellet they still are more destructively fun than a .177/.22. Apparently they are not accurate in higher power FAC guns.

I have seven of them from Mk1's, 0.177, Mk2's, 0.22's, Carbine - they really are that good and safe to load. However, the 0.25 version is still hard to come by.....

Have fun and keep safe, kind regards to all.

I regret selling my MK 11 22 carbine to a mate ......
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Really rate the superstar, we shot a lot with my best mates. Not sure of the model, it's roughly bought new in1995, full length and in 22.
    As teens chucking lead at the rats by the pig sty, I leaned it up against the wall at about 4 weeks old and it slid down the bricks causing some very deep scratches on the stock and the golden antler wa scope on top, how he didn't knock my teeth out I'll never know, but he still has it to this day and only in the last year gave it a service, but after buying a crono we found it was doing 14ftlb. Quick sort out to 11ftlb and it's back to be being a sweet shooter and again putting stuff on the table.
    Probably the only underlever I'd want if I went down that route again
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

Hi Phil
    I had regretted selling my mk1 Superstar many years ago,and was very fortunate in getting a lovely clean example from WILBA on this BBS.
    Good luck with your search .
    They are well worth having in any collection.
    Atb
    Les..
    Glad you still have the gun les. I still have my. 22cal mk2 carbine which came with a nikko platinum scope when i bought it, the one with the ruby lenses. I think the superstar to me anyway is as good a gun as the hw77. And no risk of losing finger or thumb loading it either. My 3 goldstars are also excellent guns.

Having tried a few at Boinger Bash meet ups in the past, the Superstar is a rifle I'd certainly like to add to my menagerie.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!