Thread: Future of our Sport?

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Future of our Sport?

Am I the only one to think this has been kept quiet, the NSRA were aware.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/h...pon-regulation
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    It was discussed in general airgun, and basc also posted their response on a seperate thread in general airgun. It has also been all over the other air gun forums and Facebook since it was announced.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

There's a thread about it in general airgun, but I agree the associations could have given it more publicity.

Ah, beaten too it.

Even if new regulations do come in (which I think is a waste of time tbh) I don't think new rules will be overly harsh and for people that take airgunning seriously the required conditions will be relatively easy to meet. I feel it will be a waste of time because it won't actually change the minds of people who wish to commit a crime as they will just find something else to use. And as far as making life generally safer for less people to get hurt its ridiculous. They should compare airgun injuries statistics to cycling, driving, snowboarding, etc etc etc etc etc. The long and short of it is the government will want to be seen by the majority (non airgunners) as doing something about the obvious "huge" airgun crime problem Britain faces regularly . If we were to have legislation passed where we need a 5 year permit for £72.00 like Scotland I actually don't feel I would be too bothered to be honest. All my air weapons are responsibly stored as I have a 6 year old child and I have just ordered a lockable rifle cabinet to further this security. I would say to people don't worry too much, its a ball ache to be sure but on the grand scheme of things not that difficult a requirement. And lets face it, the implication of such laws will be so poorly managed in the beginning our fantastic government is bound to end up with egg on their face!!!
    Last edited by MikeHW45; 26-12-2017 at 02:28 PM.

I don't think there is any room left for more egg...

The statistics on injuries from dangerous dogs are horrendous, but no talk of licensing there!
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Every November people are allowed to buy, store and let off fireworks that fly over other people's property without the need for a licence.

Gun legislation has never been about safety.

It has always been about politics.

For most politicians, public safety is probably not a high priority.
    Last edited by Arthur John Smithsplease; 26-12-2017 at 03:49 PM.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    There's a thread about it in general airgun, but I agree the associations could have given it more publicity.

Ah, beaten too it.
    It's a pain in the arse which does nothing for public safety.

More people are injured by dogs every day than are injured by airguns in a year.

And let's not even mention knives.

An adult can buy a kitchen knife with a twelve inch blade in a supermarket, with no questions asked. Andpeople are stabbed to death every week in the UK.

As I said, it has nothing to do with safety.

Just another power grab by people who have a psychological fear of guns. A phobia in fact.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.