Thread: Gunpower stealth

Gunpower stealth

Gunpower stealth anyone had any experience with them good or bad

Quote Originally Posted by airgun View Post
    Gunpower stealth anyone had any experience with them good or bad
    They seem to be a bit of hit and miss, You may get one that will hit everything and another that won't hit nothing,
    I had a stealth which was awsum and very accurate, I also had a storm which was bloody awfull,

I had one when they first came out in the late 90s, I loved mine and regret selling it. I am told the more recent models aren't as good hence the hit and miss reputation. You need high scope mounts regardless of scope size due to the buddy bottle butt, which was my only criticism. The high position of the scope in relation to the barrel seemed to give a slightly more pronounced trajectory than my other rifles, although as I'm not very technical I stand to be corrected by those more knowledgeable. Hth mate

secretagentmole Guest
    Try this link for a retailer's review!

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Showprodu...ubCat=Gunpower

If ever the term "Marmite gun" was needed it's for the Gunpower family.

A good one can be excellent, if it is don't tinker with it, leave it alone if you try to improve it in all likelihood you'll it up,
    & therein lies the main problem, because they're so simple people play with them, but hammers, springs & valves need to be in balance for the combination to work.
    Loads of them have big valves etc meant for FAC power & at FAC power they work, but at sub 12 they don't,
    I found that it was always better to ignore the claimed shot capacity & keep it topped up to the same pressure every 50 shots or so.

Despite what BAR might think I always has fantastic service from Geoff at Gunpower.

It really seems a gun that is hit a miss are the mk2 version any better

And thanks for taking the time to comment

I believe the mk2’s were fitted with lothar walther barrels which was a big improvement

Quote Originally Posted by airgun View Post
    And thanks for taking the time to comment
    I could only say that if you did think about purchasing a stealth then if possible ask if you could put a good few pellets through it, If you got a crono or access to one check to see the spread on the shots, It it's erratic on targets and on the crono I would suggest you leave it there ,

Thanks for your advice i will have to wait for the one