Thread: Weirauch HW95K

Weihrauch HW95K

Hi all, I'll soon be receiving a belated Christmas present (HW95K) and was wondering how these rifles are straight out of the box? Is there anything that would complement it e.g a tune up or are they a good rifle from the get go? I'm really looking forward to trying it out in the field but I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to make a good rifle a great rifle. Many thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Edit: also, what pellets does the HW95K prefer?
    Last edited by hedgemumper; 29-12-2017 at 02:47 PM.
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

Don't know about the latest, but my 2003 was and still is1/2 inch groups at 30m
    Mine likes H&N ftt and accupel
    Mines .22

They can be like a lot of new Weihrauch, s, twang like buggery when fired. A set of well fitting guides soon sorts it, possibly also a piston nose extension, to shorten the stroke. Oh imo fitting a heavier silencer than the Weihrauch one helps reduce muzzle flip, I fit steel Parker Hale silencers to 95,s. Great rifles, enjoy

Edit : all my Weihrauch, s love Weihrauch f&t special, same pellet I believe as H&N FTT.

Thank you for the replies so far, I'll put a few shots through it to see how bad the twang is before thinking of any work. The rifle comes with pretty standard scope mounts, would it be worth investing in a Dampamount mount?
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

My 95 in .22 definitely prefers air arms field in 5.52

If you are fitting an air gun specific scope, such as a hawk, then standard mounts will be fine, if you are fitting an expensive none airgun specific scope, I would consider damper mounts, atb Daz

Just be careful because the air arms field 16 grain pellets pushed my brand new 95 slightly over 12 ft lbs so back to the shop it went and they had to replace it
    Last edited by ARBTEC; 29-12-2017 at 04:03 PM.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Just do yourself a favour and put in some Tinbum guides on your existing spring, it'll make a hell of a difference and won't cost you a fortune either.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Just do yourself a favour and put in some Tinbum guides on your existing spring, it'll make a hell of a difference and won't cost you a fortune either.

Pete
    I second what this gentleman says. Also a nose extension as suggested by trumpeter. My sons favours h and n ft trophy and is an absolute tack driver, its got a bullbarrel for extra weight up front, but a steel silencer and a nose extension as suggested by trumpetier, along with a competent polish and basic tune transforms these already nice guns. My mate on here newpaul has one which has had the nose extension tbt guides and a polish its hands down one of the nicest springers I've shot have fun with your new toy mate atvb

Chris

Mine's a .177 and up to now it's favourite pellets are Superdomes.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgemumper View Post
    ...was wondering how these rifles are straight out of the box?
    Twangy and muzzle flippy in .177

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post

Pete
    This^^.

My HW barrels have always preferred Air Arms/JSBs in .177 with H&N FTT having the edge in .22

Edit : all my Weihrauch, s love Weihrauch f&t special, same pellet I believe as H&N FTT.[/QUOTE]
    mine likes the Weihrauch f&t special but just today I ran 5 of each wft and h&n ftt with suprising results the wftt gave me 10.6 and the ftt came in at 10.3 so I can only conclude they are not the same pellet

Quote Originally Posted by colinE View Post
    Edit : all my Weihrauch, s love Weihrauch f&t special, same pellet I believe as H&N FTT.
    mine likes the Weihrauch f&t special but just today I ran 5 of each wft and h&n ftt with suprising results the wftt gave me 10.6 and the ftt came in at 10.3 so I can only conclude they are not the same pellet[/QUOTE]

They are the same pellet but in .22 the HW version is 5.51 as opposed to 5.53 with the H&N.