Thread: 90gram co2 cartridges - would these work with Walther CP series 10m pistols

90gram co2 cartridges - would these work with Walther CP series 10m pistols

Having recently acquired a Walther CP3, I'm now 'sorting out' how to charge it.

Came across 90 gram co2 cartridges (see http://www.southyorkshireairguns.co....dge-1064-p.asp for example).

Would these work with the Walther CP series pistols. Would obviously need some form of adapter?

If you got the 'fill adapter' with the pistol all you need is an old CO2 fire extinguisher. Remove the trumpet and the fill adaptor should screw straight on. Chill the pistols cylinder for 10mins and then open the CO2 fire extinguisher slowly till a white stream appears.

Close and fit the cylinder and re open to fill the cylinder about 5 secs or so. If the seals are ok it should now be ready to screw onto the pistol and use. You can weight the cylinder if you want to get the optimum performance.

Don't open the fire extinguisher without the adapter or the original fitment in place

Talking

Thanks for the advice, hope to try it out in next couple of days.

As above, I can confirm the adaptors fit straight on once you remove the extinguisher trumpet, The advantages of using an extinguisher is that they syphon from the bottom of the cylinder rather than the top so you will get liquid CO2 into the pistol cylinders, I used these on all my Walthers (my CP2 cylinders used to take approx 10 - 15 sec to get up to fill weight, once you've weighed one it becomes easy as will take the same amount of time on each fill, I used to leave some in the pistol cylinders and just before filling release the remaining CO2 to quickly chill them, Saved putting them in the freezer and ensured a full fill. Have fun with it they really are great pistols.

Nige
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Thanks Nige for the advice.

Tried the pistol tonight at the range as another member has a co2 tank, my first experience with co2, v easy to fill.

Pistol is a pleasure to shoot.

Just need a left hand grip now!