Thread: .22 Falcon Pellets in HW95

.22 Falcon Pellets in HW95

Tried some Falcons in the 95, the gun certainly likes them. Have been using JSB exacts. I noticed the Falcons fitted in the breech tighter than the JSB,s.
    Being heavier, once the rifle was zeroed with the Falcons, the exacts were firing about an inch and a half lower over 30 yards.

hw95 pellets

not tried falcons in my .22 hw95 but the drop you get is due to jsb exacts being 15.9gr -where falcons are 13.4gr.Did similar thing last week after trying accupels and crosman premier-both 14.3gr then some rws superfields at 15.9gr-these dropped a little lower but grouped well at 45yds.All down to different pellet weights.

If Falcon AP suit you rifle then that is a nice result. It's my pellet of choice for my Theoben, Pro Sport, and HW80 in .22, at 13.4 grains they have a lovely trajectory that is flatter than some of the .20 pellet choices.
    Regards,
    Dave.

If I could have Falcons in my 95 I'd be chuffed. Doesn't like them though. H&N's however I discover were brilliant.
    Good Deals with: Gazza, Fred, muts65, Brian747, wombat100, Tweaky (BSAOG), the wizard, delboy, craigy, skygrowler, JTH71, pgm112, Doger21, shootingmad, PHOBUS, bhill22, pmcb, pablo19, BobSki, Petay, Double Tap, Geoff555, Wild dogman, Multijet, BANANAMAN, RapidNick

Falcon AP's shoot real nice through my 'TXhc' and make it feel almost recoilless...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Falcons through my 95 97 and HW100k .no need for .20 with pellets like these

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker2 View Post
    Tried some Falcons in the 95, the gun certainly likes them. Have been using JSB exacts. I noticed the Falcons fitted in the breech tighter than the JSB,s.
    Being heavier, once the rifle was zeroed with the Falcons, the exacts were firing about an inch and a half lower over 30 yards.
    I'm not totally convinced by these in my 77 full length .22.... or other guns to be honest.. They seem really promising for 2 or 3 shots all within 15mm at 25 yards the confidence builds and then all of a sudden itl spit one an inch & a half + in any direction... ... & I find them a bit hit & miss at 40 + yards.
    I've got a tin of jsb express not the rs 13.4 but express @ 14.somthing..., a tin of h&n ftt, sniper lights & bisley lrg. Now I recon a 14. Something GRN pellet suite .22 generally better than the falcon/rs offering. I recon they are more solid in the air & I can't wait to test them all.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.