Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HW44..What the hell?!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    Looks interesting but none of these things look as cool as PPK or Python?
    Walt!

i think that the general objection to the hw44 is on looks and that looks are a silly objection to hold against an air pistol.
    No, it's on weight, size, design, price and looks!

It’s like judging Olympic swimming on the basis of the costumes of the swimmers...
    Oh come on now! How else does one choose that nights fantasy Fist-Friend?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Almost passes the *does it look like Robocop's gun* test - but it looks well expensive?

It's not semi-auto or anything, is it?

Arguably, as you know, all multishot air rifles are bullshitter's guns -- but all multishot air pistols most definately are.

Not semi auto, but it is still 17 ft/lb same as the HW. A 17 ft/lb multi-shot pistol. The Ultimate bullshitters gun!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

How a pistol should be

Pig, pig ugly beyond words....i didnt think something could be designed to look so bad or be so big in the hand. Even the 70s Scorpion pistol looks and handles better.
    Look at the styling and handiness of say a Crosman 150 but this designed 50 years ago..

Maybe these people need some pointers ...
    Keep it handy....a pistol doesnt really need to be longer than 9.5 inches, or look like a 1960 Star Trek prop.
    Give it some sleek styling for pride of ownership .
    If they had simply made a double pump valve for the HW75 it would have sold all day long at 300 quid.

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Walt!
    The other way around, wanting an air pistol to look like a cartridge arm is waltism of the first order.

A PPK makes a good humane dispatch pistol.

No, it's on weight, size, design, price and looks!
    Well, it was only bulk a moment ago...

Weight: The HW44 weighs 1.15kg whereas the Steyr LP 50 weighs 1.05Kg, a difference of 100 grams and therefore insignificant, certianly in side by side shooting by myself and, to pick one other at random, the current British 10m air pistol champion...

Size: I cant see how this is anything other than a visual objection given the low weight and the excellent balance.

Design: What aspect of the design exactly offends here, the excellent, proven engineering or is it the visual design?

Price: It costs what it costs, you are paying for the action, trigger and barrel. Stocks cost next to nothing for a large manufacturer with a pantograph so no saving there, the action and trigger arre the same as the rifle and the barrel isn't any cheaper by virtue of being a bit shorter than the rifle barrel. Do you hold thew HW100 to be overpriced?

Looks: It's an air pistol, are there any good looking air pistols?

Oh come on now! How else does one choose that nights fantasy Fist-Friend?
    Which strikes at the very heart of the issue, it is not a pistol for wankers.
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Arguably, as you know, all multishot air rifles are bullshitter's guns -- but all multishot air pistols most definately are.
    Kiss my crosman 600's ar$e Most fun you can have with your pants on...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

And the Steyr LP 50s arse.

And of course, the HW44’s phat booty.
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

My Premier!

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL217.../413717047.jpg
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    it certainly looks good to me but our forum Anna Wintour’s may complain that it looks like a disabled friendly grease gun with that handle/barrel thing that could have been artfully hidden a la the HW45...

The other way around, wanting an air pistol to look like a cartridge arm is waltism of the first order.

A PPK makes a good humane dispatch pistol.

Well, it was only bulk a moment ago...

Weight: The HW44 weighs 1.15kg whereas the Steyr LP 50 weighs 1.05Kg, a difference of 100 grams and therefore insignificant, certianly in side by side shooting by myself and, to pick one other at random, the current British 10m air pistol champion...

Size: I cant see how this is anything other than a visual objection given the low weight and the excellent balance.

Design: What aspect of the design exactly offends here, the excellent, proven engineering or is it the visual design?

Price: It costs what it costs, you are paying for the action, trigger and barrel. Stocks cost next to nothing for a large manufacturer with a pantograph so no saving there, the action and trigger arre the same as the rifle and the barrel isn't any cheaper by virtue of being a bit shorter than the rifle barrel. Do you hold thew HW100 to be overpriced?

Which strikes at the very heart of the issue, it is not a pistol for wankers.
    Maybe check out my Kurtz LP53 for "are there any good looking air pistols"

I personally think the HW45 and HW75 are ugly. They look like a 1911 that lost all self respect and has been binge eating to try to feel better.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzwjNd4yGvw

popped up today. not watched yet. FAC power though.
    Last edited by bighit; 29-12-2017 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Kiss my crosman 600's ar$e Most fun you can have with your pants on...
    OK, lol... the 600 is an iconic exception that I'd forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    And the Steyr LP 50s arse.
    Pah, unless you happen to 'do' some sort of rare and unusual form of rapid-fire air pistol shooting - the LP50 is a pain in the arse to use with it's single-shot mag' (which you must use for match target shooting), and the LP 5/50 trigger is much much, much much much worse than the LP 1/10 trigger.

Pah, unless you happen to 'do' some sort of rare and unusual form of rapid-fire air pistol shooting - the LP50 is a pain in the arse to use with it's single-shot mag' (which you must use for match target shooting), and the LP 5/50 trigger is much much, much much much worse than the LP 1/10 trigger.
    I do do some sort of rare and unusual form of rapid fire air pistol shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I do do some sort of rare and unusual form of rapid fire air pistol shooting.
    Yes, we hunt 50mm plastic balls out to 40 metres, they seem to keep jumping out of view as you take aim. I prefer the cheaper 8 shot Rohm Twinmaster Top over the expensive HW44.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD